Thread: 2013+ Taurus SHO Ecoboost Definition Update

2013+ Taurus SHO Ecoboost Definition Update

Similar to the update made to the 2011-2014 F-150 Ecoboost Mega Update, I have just finished up adding a bunch of new parameters so that you guys can fully unlock the potential of these cars.

Update VCM Suite 3.2 tomorrow and you will have access to all of the things I added, as well as new things in the scanner.

-Eric
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    Great! Do you have an eta for the '10-'12 SHO?

One of the tables doesn't seem to work right (IPC MAP Max), and it looks like there's no Exhaust Temp Inverse table. I'm able to increase the requested torque, but the VCM PID Engine Brake Torque PID still shows stock values. The Desired Torque, ETC Torque Request, and Scheduled Torque are all following what I specified, but it is still being limited by something. I went through all of the torque schedules/limiters available with a fine toothed comb to no avail.

Torque Source is Engine Indicated Torque, but Driver Demand Limit Source is Exhaust Temp Control. Throttle Angle Source is Torque Red < Driver Demand. Someone else said this was due to the Exhaust Temp Inverse table. We only have the Flange Temp Inverse table.

I encountered the same limiter when I was experimenting with the Torque Tables. I was able to increase the desired airload but it would become limited by Exhaust Temp Control. The Catalyst Temp PIDs show I'm at like 1200F whereas the COT controls were set to 1850F, so it's not actual exhaust temp limiting it.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Eric. That last update had the corrections I needed for the 2015 SHO single turbo conversion tune. Car is working great!

Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    One of the tables doesn't seem to work right (IPC MAP Max), and it looks like there's no Exhaust Temp Inverse table. I'm able to increase the requested torque, but the VCM PID Engine Brake Torque PID still shows stock values. The Desired Torque, ETC Torque Request, and Scheduled Torque are all following what I specified, but it is still being limited by something. I went through all of the torque schedules/limiters available with a fine toothed comb to no avail.

Torque Source is Engine Indicated Torque, but Driver Demand Limit Source is Exhaust Temp Control. Throttle Angle Source is Torque Red < Driver Demand. Someone else said this was due to the Exhaust Temp Inverse table. We only have the Flange Temp Inverse table.

I encountered the same limiter when I was experimenting with the Torque Tables. I was able to increase the desired airload but it would become limited by Exhaust Temp Control. The Catalyst Temp PIDs show I'm at like 1200F whereas the COT controls were set to 1850F, so it's not actual exhaust temp limiting it.
    I just checked in the fix for the IPC MAP and Spark tables that I broke in the last update.

What is your OSID?
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tomorrow's build will also have Injector Pulsewidth and Injector Pulse Mode available for logging in VCM Scanner.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    I just checked in the fix for the IPC MAP and Spark tables that I broke in the last update.

What is your OSID?
    Eric,
    It's KHDL4GV
    Last edited by metroplex; 07-19-2016 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    Eric,
    It's KHDL4GV
    Flange Temp Inverse is there for that calibration.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    No ETA for '10-'12 SHO update?

Quote Originally Posted by RacerRoy View Post
    No ETA for '10-'12 SHO update?
    No ETA, but I will get to it as soon as I can.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC