Thread: TCC slip 4L80E help

TCC slip 4L80E help

I have an 4L80E, and FTI 3600 stall converter, and today I decided log TCC slip, my log shows its slipping at 80% at almost all times, I have done the segment swap and the trans shifts fine, I have played with the tune but I feel like I'm missing something? When the truck shifts the slip % jumps to around 130%. Can someone offer me some input and what I'm missing ? Is my converter really slipping this badly? It's brand new

Transmission was overhauled also

Pressures have all been checked with a gauge the pump is working as it should be

Tuner in Training
    Did you ever figure this issue out? I was seeing a similar issue with my 80e swap... I was wondering if it could be related with the VSS values not being correct in the speedo section of the tune... So when logging, the PCM is not calculating the values correctly, thus outputting 80% slip even though it's not slipping... This is just my speculation though.

If you want to be sure, log the TCC slip in actual RPM's, not as a percent. This should tell you if it's really slipping or not.