Thread: Hesitations and misfires but no knock? Help?

Tuner in Training

Hesitations and misfires but no knock? Help?

Sup guys, Been working on getting my STFT's nailed down so I can move onto my VE tables but I have been noticing some minor hesitations while at cruise speed and in around town driving. Here is a little about my setup

2011 Camaro SS A6 (Auto)
    Stock shortblock
    PRC CNC ported heads(stock castings)
    OEM thickness headgasket
    GPI SS2 VVT cam(DOD/AFM delete)
    SW 1-7/8 LTH's with high flow cats
    LS7 lifters, Comp pushrods
    BTR .660 dual spring kit
    OEM valves(not hollow stem)
    ATI damper/underdrive pully 10%, A/C stock
    Innovative LC2 WB

Anyway wanted someone to take a look at my logs and tune and LMK if im going I the right direction here and help me figure out why I have so many misfires, cyl #2 seems to be the worst, I checked the plug and wires today and they all looked great. But I did stumble onto a issue im not pleased with. I noticed my MAF is a weak version and am now wondering if the MAF is causing the issue here. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance(BTW this is the 1st car I have tuned on HP tuners so be gentle!! LOL

PS this log wasn't the one I really wanted,other is to large. but you can still see the misfires and such. This was also after a reflash so trims are a bti high, normally they are -1.5to -3.5 max

Attachment 61170
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Did a better log setup today. Anyone?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Torque Mgt Advance (pulling timing) events are kicking in. See the negative timing spikes you're experiencing while in cruise.
    2013 Camaro LSX433 with TFS 245cc cat heads
    AGP 65/65 Twin Turbos into BTR Equalizer intake
    BTR 237/247 .610"/.601" 116+5 (10* overlap) cam
    ID-1700x on AGP Fore Triple w/ Flex Fuel sensor
    Cortex EBC | n2mb WOT box | custom anti-lag

Tuner in Training
    I will check it out when I get back home, was trying to leave some TQ managment on due to running the stock converter still. Have a new one, just haven't had time to install it and it pushes pretty good at lights.. lol. Any advice as to what I should change to limit the spiking/pulling?

Well, it's TM that's kicking in when it shouldn't be. I 'm like those commercials, I can tell you it's happening (monitor) but right now I can't tell you what to do. Some setting is too close to your normal operating numbers.
    2013 Camaro LSX433 with TFS 245cc cat heads
    AGP 65/65 Twin Turbos into BTR Equalizer intake
    BTR 237/247 .610"/.601" 116+5 (10* overlap) cam
    ID-1700x on AGP Fore Triple w/ Flex Fuel sensor
    Cortex EBC | n2mb WOT box | custom anti-lag

Tuner in Training
    Well after looking at the logs you are correct!! Thanks!!!, but I can't figure out what part of the TQ managment is pulling timing, I'm not really seeing a peremeter that I can change that will stop that... hmmmm. Anyone else have any ideas what table I need to change to keep from pulling timing?

Quote Originally Posted by vvtbeast View Post
    Well after looking at the logs you are correct!! Thanks!!!, but I can't figure out what part of the TQ managment is pulling timing, I'm not really seeing a peremeter that I can change that will stop that... hmmmm. Anyone else have any ideas what table I need to change to keep from pulling timing?
    log spark torque management type in the scanner.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by s57_s2k View Post
    log spark torque management type in the scanner.
    Thank you! I will do that ASAP!

Tuner in Training
    After logging the spark TQ managment it seems that the trans is the culprit here. Now where do I look to solve the issue? Alot of tables here. Lol