Thread: Swapping a Trailblazer SS from the 4l70e to a T56 6 speed. Need some Advice

Potential Tuner

Swapping a Trailblazer SS from the 4l70e to a T56 6 speed. Need some Advice

I have and 07 TBSS. The Trans Is slipping. I have read where a. SSR setup is basically a direct bolt up. I have the T56 out of an SSR and can get the pedal Assy. The mechanical is pretty straight forward. The Tuning is where i have found the issues to be. I have seen where people are running dual ECU's and even found a place that sells an "interface" module. These are older post etc. Is there anything new or any other ways to tune it for a manual transmission.

Thank you.

Have you tried going into trans->general->general->ECM trans type? You can choose auto or manual. Maybe search the tune repository for a manual ls2 vette and compare tunes.

Potential Tuner
    These ECM's were not used in any vehicles that had a manual option. There is no function for a manual in the ECM. Wish it was that easy.

There is in my buddies 08 tbss. That's where I got the info above

Advanced Tuner
    To get that to show up, you'll likely need to either read only the ECM or unplug the TCM and read it that way to get an ECM-only file.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned