Thread: 2011 CTS-V Flex Fuel conversion trouble. FF timing not working

Tuner in Training

2011 CTS-V Flex Fuel conversion trouble. FF timing not working

The car is a 2011 CTS-V. Mods are: pulley, intake, LT, exhaust, DW twin pump upgrade, DW injectors, DSX FF kit.

The issue I'm having is that the Flex Fuel Spark is not coming in. I have done 1 other FF conversion on a 2010 Camaro and the PID "Flex Fuel Advance" would display the timing added from the "Flex Fuel Spark table" Multiplied by the Ethanol content. Everything else seems to be working normally as far as the conversion goes.

The other side issue I have is that there are some codes which, although turned off in the calibration, are still coming up and they have "(permanent)" displayed behind them. Those codes are P0420, P0430, p1133, p1153.

004FF.hpt

534.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    for starters your O2s are not moving at all other than after you got on it. one is stuck high and one is stuck low...so something is wrong there. your trims are all zeroed out which tells me your car is either in open loop, or since your car is not swinging at all it is throwing codes.

P1133/1153 is probably also due to your o2s not doing anything. there is something wrong with those and I think that should not be your other side issue but primary issue. once you get that worked out start messing with your timing. it looks like at idle your WB is reading between .95 and .90 lambda so it atleast is not lean. I don't see anything that is hold you out from going into CL...but its not doing it

EDIT: sorry I know that is not helpful, I really don't know what to tell you. add your rear O2s to your next log to see what they are doing and start looking for a wiring problem or something with your O2s.

you can also request that HPT add these setting that I see you don't have. that may also help (once you get your o2 issue figured out) so you can scale the rich/lean thresholds out side of the range that they swing in so it will not have a DTC.
    Last edited by JBZ; 08-18-2016 at 10:39 AM.
    2010 CTS-V A6, Airaid CAI, 2.4 pulley, ported ls7 throttle body, ID850s, ARH 1-7/8" headers and X pipe, TR7IX plugs, MSD wires, Elite catch can, ZL1 lid and Track Attack HX

Tuner in Training
    I had the car forced into open loop using the vehicle controls for MAF tuning . The passenger side O2 sensor was hanging in open air as that is where I placed my wideband.

Advanced Tuner
    OK well that explains it then
    2010 CTS-V A6, Airaid CAI, 2.4 pulley, ported ls7 throttle body, ID850s, ARH 1-7/8" headers and X pipe, TR7IX plugs, MSD wires, Elite catch can, ZL1 lid and Track Attack HX

You've got nothing in the multiplier table for ethanol composition to tell the ECM how to bias spark based on ethanol content.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner in Training
    Wow, thank you! I can't believe I missed that.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    You've got nothing in the multiplier table for ethanol composition to tell the ECM how to bias spark based on ethanol content.
    Technically he was telling it 0% and it was giving him exactly what he was commanding. Just saying. 😝