Thread: 2011 Challenger RT VVT questions

Potential Tuner

2011 Challenger RT VVT questions

Hey everyone,
    Got a dodge challenger (2011) with the 5.7 VVT motor in the shop for a cam install and tune.
    We have the cam installed and the phaser limiter installed in the motor and the car does start and run but running into a few issues.
    I have not been able to find the VVT angle target tables anywhere in the calibration nor have I found a way to disable the VVT completely.
    There are phaser maximum and minimum values which I was able to adjust to compensate for the installed limiter but my fear is that there are target tables which will try to command targets which exceed the limiters range which will in turn set VVT performance DTCs and possible limp mode.
    Anyone have any idea of where these might be found (or if they are even in the software)?
    I've attached the untuned base rom from this ecu for anyone curious or if I perhaps have overlooked something.
    Have tried emailing support about this but so far no response and the customer would like his vehicle back in the near future.
    Thanks,
    Carl
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    If you want to disable the cam movement go to Engine/Airflow/Variable Camshaft and in the "General" section set the "phasers" to disabled. Then the cam will not move (at least not with oil control). This is similar to installing a cam phaser "lock kit". Then you wont need to worry about any of the VVT tables. This is not the optimal way to tune but is a partial answer to your question and should get you moving forward with your current situation.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 08-21-2016 at 07:56 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    If you want to disable the cam movement go to Engine/Airflow/Variable Camshaft and in the "General" section set the "phasers" to disabled. Then the cam will not move (at least not with oil control). This is similar to installing a cam phaser "lock kit". Then you wont need to worry about any of the VVT tables. This is not the optimal way to tune but is a partial answer to your question and should get you moving forward with your current situation.
    I don't see those phaser options in his tune.

Potential Tuner
    got a hold of an engineer at HP tuners and they were able to add the tables and phaser on/off control into the newest version of the editor...before they simply wernt there.