Thread: Moving map behind Track Map - Rotated

Potential Tuner

Lightbulb Moving map behind Track Map - Rotated

It would be great to be able to display a satellite map behind the Track Map - Rotated.

Reading an archived thread someone had concerns about copyright. The least would be to give the user an option to add an image behind the trackmap that rotates with it and moves with it.

Also there are quite a number of opensource maps available.

p.s. I've enjoyed Racerender so far trying out the various functions. It's a promising product and certainly the best I have found so far in dataoverlays
    Last edited by Radix; 08-30-2016 at 05:54 PM.

This is possible in RaceRender, when you have obtained the desired image and are using the Ultimate Edition, which enables you to set a background image on most display objects, including track maps... Double-click on the map display object to open its properties box, then click on the picture icon that's to the right of the "Label" text box, and that will open the background image controls. You'll probably want to temporarily disable any map rotation and zoom when setting this up, and then can re-enable those options once you have it aligned.

There's a write-up on the old forum / KB here (see the "Advanced" option): http://forum.racerender.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=347 That may become part of the "How To" section in the RR documentation at some point.

Obviously, for copyright and licensing reasons, we cannot simply pull satellite images from Google Maps or a similar source. It's up to users to obtain and license the imagery they want to use.

Potential Tuner
    Ok, thanks. I have been using the free version so far to try RaceRender out. It's good to know that there are options, although limited to the Ultimate Edition.

After posting this thread, I found the following thread that links to a video where it is used, albeit the user reports some issues with it.
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...kground-images