Thread: Timing Goes to Zero Mid Pull Randomly

Senior Tuner

Timing Goes to Zero Mid Pull Randomly

Anyone see a reason in the tune and log why around the 10:03:36 mark mid 3rd gear pull the timing suddenly goes to zero? Throttle body still wide open, fuel delivery still there, just zero timing.

16-09-02 10-04-47.hpl

Tune 4.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    I noticed that your injectors are also shutting off. We have experienced the same thing in the past when a MAP limitation is reached. Is this the first time you have made this much boost? If so, "clamp" the MAP at a value lower that where this is occurring and the problem will be resolved. We only make this change if the situation occurs at the same MAP every time.

Senior Tuner
    Thanks Mike, not the first time but we realized the car has consistent slip, so occasionally a good low rpm romp with less slip and it'll put out more boost. This run was with a new tensioner. But this happened before and usually occurs after 20-30min of light throttle cruising then I'll
    Put it to the floor and it'll just shut down until I get under 20mph then will be in this weird limp mode and feel like it's running on 3-4 cylinders. Cycle key and all normal again.

Your total airflow in that log hit 134.95 right before your first drop to zero. I agree you're hitting some kind of limiter.

Advanced Tuner
    not sure if its the issue but i noticed your airflow max tps is set to 1023 g/sec. Right before it cuts timing your total airflow is 1020.2 I realize 1023 is the limit of the table but maybe try over riding it. If not you might want to try scaling the tune or maybe reducing your throttle body airflow.
    2018 Camaro SS, Maggie 2650, 103 TB, Big Gulp, E85

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GPGTP View Post
    not sure if its the issue but i noticed your airflow max tps is set to 1023 g/sec. Right before it cuts timing your total airflow is 1020.2 I realize 1023 is the limit of the table but maybe try over riding it. If not you might want to try scaling the tune or maybe reducing your throttle body airflow.
    I believe this is the exact issue, I have set it higher now but haven't been able to test it yet, as once I switched to sensed map the idle went to crap. Thanks