Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P2173

Tuner
    That is what I have been telling myself all along, but never really got anyone on the Diablo side to agree or disagree to it. Thanks!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    As soon as I tried to flip on sensed MAP it couldn't idle below 1400rpms or so. Guess my idle tuning is jacked up based on being in disabled mode.
    Based on what my thinking and Hemituna's thinking are with sensed map, I doubt it is so much your idle tuning is messed up as much as the ecu is basically now running at a different load point.
    Last edited by mxatunerjg; 10-02-2016 at 09:37 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mxatunerjg View Post
    I keep seeing that many of you are tuning with Sensed Map enabled. Specifically it seems many of you are doing it on cars running forced induction. The big thing I'm curious about is if anyone has actually figured out what the difference is? If it makes things better there has to be a reason, so are we giving something up to gain something with sensed map, or is it that the factory programming is using calculated map which is not an accurate representation of an engine running forced induction?
    Just for reference (and I know this isn't apples to apples comparison, but...), the Dodge Neon SRT-4 calibrations (which are obviously Forced Induction calibrations) are all set to Sensed Map Enabled in factory form. Not sure that helps answer any questions, or just creates more. But, it seems it could very well have something to do with being FI vs NA.

Senior Tuner
    Downside to switching to Sensed Map Enabled, now the Total Airflow in the logs is 100% calculated, and is totally wrong. Before in my logs it would toggle every second or so between READ MAP and SENSED MAP, kind of like sampling mode, and I could see airflow in the 1200+g/s and now I only see it flatline at 370-380g/s.

Advanced Tuner
    So here's the deal. Kinda like yourself, I have tried everything with these Dodges. On a blown set-up, hell even on NA's, they never 'feel' right on calculated MAP.
    You can mess with every table under the sun and it still feels like there is an elf under the hood twisting the throttle as he feels like.
    Can't get a throttle cable type feel. Sensed MAP however, feels like SD. MAP vs RPM.
    So then with a little tuning of the airflow/throttle tables, you can get a beautifully linear, connected throttle...much, much better!
    Worth persevering I think.
    Now re airflow readings, my tunes when switched to sensed map, never read airflow over 100g/s.
    They get to 80-100g/s and PCM must decide it is outside of airflow parameters and quits.
    However, the engine goes better than it ever has, fuelling and timing perfect.
    I guess that the TB follows the throttle tables now rather than being filtered by an airflow model.
    Don't care really, all I know is that it drives waaaay better using sensed MAP on any seriously tuned engine.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemituna View Post
    So here's the deal. Kinda like yourself, I have tried everything with these Dodges. On a blown set-up, hell even on NA's, they never 'feel' right on calculated MAP.
    You can mess with every table under the sun and it still feels like there is an elf under the hood twisting the throttle as he feels like.
    Can't get a throttle cable type feel. Sensed MAP however, feels like SD. MAP vs RPM.
    So then with a little tuning of the airflow/throttle tables, you can get a beautifully linear, connected throttle...much, much better!
    Worth persevering I think.
    Now re airflow readings, my tunes when switched to sensed map, never read airflow over 100g/s.
    They get to 80-100g/s and PCM must decide it is outside of airflow parameters and quits.
    However, the engine goes better than it ever has, fuelling and timing perfect.
    I guess that the TB follows the throttle tables now rather than being filtered by an airflow model.
    Don't care really, all I know is that it drives waaaay better using sensed MAP on any seriously tuned engine.
    I agree 100%, mine just pegs 371g/s and just quits. I still have some issues with my idling and cruising in gear, still wants to cruise on its own, cant seem to get it to settle down, tried lowering my idle rpms and just induced surging instead of helping.

OK, I'll ask. What the hell are GFAs?

Tuner
    I agree 100%, mine just pegs 371g/s and just quits. I still have some issues with my idling and cruising in gear, still wants to cruise on its own, cant seem to get it to settle down, tried lowering my idle rpms and just induced surging instead of helping.
    I think I have seen that you are running the big oval throttle body from Kenne Bell. Just a thought here as I had an issue with a Challenger a while back that would give some issues using a large cam, large throttle body, and a TVS 2300 supercharger. Try raising your max mph setting for idle. On that particular car I pulled my hair out for a few weeks. One day I noticed that once the car got to that max mph value (4 mph) it came down to idle immediately. I raised that setting to 10 mph and it came right to idle as soon as I slowed the car to 10 mph. So for kicks I set it to 255 mph and took it for a drive. That took care of everything. Car ran great from that point on.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyinRyan View Post
    OK, I'll ask. What the hell are GFAs?
    Gas Flow Adaptation

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mxatunerjg View Post
    I think I have seen that you are running the big oval throttle body from Kenne Bell. Just a thought here as I had an issue with a Challenger a while back that would give some issues using a large cam, large throttle body, and a TVS 2300 supercharger. Try raising your max mph setting for idle. On that particular car I pulled my hair out for a few weeks. One day I noticed that once the car got to that max mph value (4 mph) it came down to idle immediately. I raised that setting to 10 mph and it came right to idle as soon as I slowed the car to 10 mph. So for kicks I set it to 255 mph and took it for a drive. That took care of everything. Car ran great from that point on.
    Thanks, believe that challenger was a stick though? I come to an abrupt stop, car sits at 1100 rpms, takes about 5-7 seconds to settle to 850rpms. I let off the gas and itll accelerate to 7-8mph all on its own, then suddenly stop accelerating and just coast. Feels like someone lets off the gas at that mph.

Tuner
    Thanks, believe that challenger was a stick though? I come to an abrupt stop, car sits at 1100 rpms, takes about 5-7 seconds to settle to 850rpms. I let off the gas and itll accelerate to 7-8mph all on its own, then suddenly stop accelerating and just coast. Feels like someone lets off the gas at that mph.
    Yes it was a stick car. I'll think about your issue a little more and see if I can come up with any other ideas.