Thread: Hello!

Potential Tuner

Question Hello!

Hey guys, i just finished my latest project, a '94 olds cutlass ciera. It's had tons of of stuff done to it but the last straw was the anemic 3100. We tried porting and polish then a 3400 top swap but it left something to be desired. Que 3800SC W/4T65EHD. Got the pcm and harness from an '01 GP GTP and put in a new trans and engine. While it runs like a scalded dog i think there's something going on because although i've done a little to the stock tune i didn't do anything to the running area. it seems abit rough, some missfires on 2 and 4 sometimes and the fuel trims as you can see in the log are kinda spastic. Any insight would be appreciated. it's running 93 with a 180 stat and fans adjusted lower.

Thanks!

Lucas
    Attached Files Attached Files

Random cylinder misfire are pretty common on a 3800 because of their desgin and the waste spark ignition system. If you aren't getting any DTC's for a specific cylinder and no P0300 random misfire code, it's just fine.

The computer is actually from a 2002 if you look at the calibration details page but that doesn't really matter. Only downside to 01+ computer is that they have a CAT test that HP Tuners can't shut off if you removed the cat converter.

As for the fuel trims, do you still have the MAF screen in the throttle body. Those are 100% wanted in a 3800 or any MAF sensor car for that matter. I'd remove the MAF and clean it too and see what the trims do afterwards. If you have a wideband you could do some tuning and get things squared away faster.

Also add knock retard and commanded air fuel ratio to your scanner, couple a must know things. It does appear that it has a little knock with the timing jumping around when you floored it that one time, pretty normal for a stock L67 though. They tend to show up to 3-6 degree's of knock on most stock engines.

Otherwise the tune is mostly all stock like you said.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Wow fast reply. Sorry i haven't gotten back sooner. I will try to get another run or two with the pids you wanted soon. Thanks!