Thread: Help with Device Drivers install

Help with Device Drivers install

Just received my Pro yesterday and trying to install. The SW on the thumb drive that came with the kit apparently is outdated as I have the demo installed and I am getting a message that a newer v already exists on my computer. Then I've plugged the MPVI device into a USB port on my Windows 10 v laptop with automatic updates turned on and I cannot verify that anything downloaded or the drivers have installed. There are no messages, in fact, the device doesn't even come up on my network drives.

Can anyone help with device drivers on the MPVI?

Thanks

Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Thanks, I have these instructions and have tried following them both with and w/o internet. I have the drivers downloaded and unzippped on my desktop.
    The problem appears to be that my computer is not recognizing the MPVI at all. When plugged into a USB port, there are no messages for new device found nor does it appear in the network structure. Also, when I go to devices in control panel, the MPVI does not appear listed.

So it's not showing up in device manager at all?

Need to get to this screen and see if it's under either unknown devices or USB

I'd go ahead and send an email to [email protected] also just in case there's something I don't know. I've never had the auto driver install stuff work for me, I've always had to install them manually in device manager

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

I think I have it now. WHAT a hassle! I finally found the MPVI in device manager. It appears both A and B did load, but no on screen message ever appeared recognizing a new device, or that drivers had downloaded. When I did find A&B, I right clicked went to properties. It did show drivers were downloaded on a log file in properties.

So....I think I am good for now. Thanks Carson for your help.

If you open up to VCM editor and go to help, VCM Suite info, then hit the blue "i" button.. it should communicate with the interface and spit out some data on licenses, interface #, etc. You can use that to see if it's working.

OK Thanks Carson. I've opened the editor, got my code installed successfully, I need to break away for a bit now as I spent a couple hours trying to get the drivers done. I'll check out the path you've described for verification when I can get back. I think I am OK now.

Best,

OK, w/o a connection to the car, the MPVI appears to be connected to the editor. Checked the help I buttons and I get a series of firmware info. Also, the first connect and new firmware downloaded, I'm guessing to the MPVI.

No, onto figuring out how to program/connect my LC-2 WB to the scanner.

Sounds like it's working!

I did a how to thread that goes through wideband setup--in my signature

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    Good that you solved the problem. It is rare, but we do see devices that will not be recognized until the drivers are loaded. For these, usually the install manual will say before connecting the device, install the drivers. You may need to reboot after. Then connect the device. Some company use to do their printer like this, what a pain!
    Tim.