Thread: ECT problem on my dash gauges

Tuner in Training

ECT problem on my dash gauges

I have a 2014 C7 Z51. I took a short trip recently and part way thru I noticed my A/C wasn?t cooling. I looked at the dash and saw that my water temp was 0. I checked the oil temp and it was 160-165. Then I noticed that my engine stopped going to ?V4? mode, just stayed in ?V8? mode. I finally decided to stop and take a look. When I stopped and shut off the engine, the electric fan keeped running, and running ? for at least 15 minutes. So, could be a bad ECT sender, stuck thermostat, etc.

When I got home I ran a VCM Scan and the ECT showed the temp rising normally. Does that sound like a bad ECT sender? So, if anyone has any ideas please pass them along. Thanks for help.

One last thing, I have my own tune in the car. I just finished a 2,500 mile trip across country with no problems and the same tune.

Check for codes but on C6's that will happen if it thinks the coolant temp sensor isn't correct. It can be from the water not getting warm enough or it also does some checks after the engine has been off long enough by comparing the IAT and ECT temp readings. The assumption is they should read roughly the same, otherwise something is wrong.

I had to disable a few codes related to this on mine. Symptoms were exactly the same and it seemed to happen at random times.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    What codes did you change?

I see you're from NC. I just got back from a trip to Murphy, NC where I was born many years ago and never had been back. Did the Tale of the Dragon. What a blast. I just don't understand why my father took me out the most beautiful country around.

P0116 I believe was the one I had to set to no error reported

Small world--yeah, I am spoiled living here.. it's a really nice place to live. Relatively close to the beach, close the mountains, mild weather for the most part. Humid for a month or so during the summer but not too bad. Its been in the mid 60's every day for about a month now so I try not to complain about the humidity