Thread: Unlocker failed. 2003 silverado SS

Tuner in Training

Unlocker failed. 2003 silverado SS

Someone put a base tune in this truck. Was brought to me to tune. Program read fine but when going to reflash it unlocker failed. Now the truck is inoperative. Will not crank. I can read codes with my snapon scanner but will not stream data. File does not show being tuner locked.

Does it have any kind of adapter on the CAN bus for the radio chime or anything like that?
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Sounds like you bricked the PCM... Sometimes it can be recovered depending on the PCM. First, put on a battery charger... remove stereo fuse... make sure you have nothing on...Lights, door chime etc... and write calibration using low speed...(Un-check: Use High Speed: in write window..) If you are getting a voltage drop or timeout error you can brick the PCM. Many times this is caused by aftermarket stereos, or an amperage draw that drops battery voltage bellow 12v... 12v is ABSOLUTELY necessary on many PCM's, and when there is a drop, the PCM shuts down in mid-write...
    Sometimes I stick an ice cream cone to my forehead and pretend I'm a Unicorn...!