Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i need help!!!

ectune can you give me a hand with this????
    TSP H/C 430WHP

You do not HAVE to have a wideband but it makes tuning your car soooooo much easier. The stock o2 sensors are guesswork at best. If you have access to a dyno you won't need to purchase a wideband as most dyno facilities have one for use.

I'm very happy with my PLX Devices M250. <-gauge not included because I log AFR with my enhanced IO on my HP Tuners interface. ~$300.

The thread about widebands - "Which one do you use" shows the LC1 as the most popular. It's ~$200.

Just do a google or froogle search for wideband o2. There's a bunch posted in the Enhanced IO section of the forum as well.
    Always Support Our Troops!

i bought a wideband 02, do i need to start all over? and where do i place the 02 sens.?
    TSP H/C 430WHP

Which wideband did you end up with?

You can run in open loop speed density mode & use one of the stock o2 sensor locations if you wish. If you want to enable closed loop with your wideband in the pipe, you need a wideband with a narrowband output. Or just have a muffler shop put in a 2nd o2 bung in one of your exhaust pipes ahead of the cat & at least horizontal to the ground so water doesn't accumulate in the wb02.

As far as starting from the beginning, not necessary. Just follow the directions for tuning with a wideband.

EC

EC

i got the lm-1 from inovative so ur saying i can just use the exciting bung from my stock 02's?? i dont have any cats i got aftermarket headers and an offroad y pipe, is it better to run in sdeep density or w/ the maf on? whats the point of having the maf then???
    TSP H/C 430WHP

If you're keeping the MAF you will have to tune in SD mode first and then tune the MAF. It's just the procedure.
    The MAF gives you very good steady state calibrations. SD gives you excellent transistion control.

EC

im getting ready to install my WB02, i actually got the LC-1, i got some questions bout it,

im going to use my passenger side stock header bung im going to unplug my stock 02 on that side and put in the the wideband, so i have to set it up to do narrowband dutys as well. i understand how to do that but

do i still need the reading from the stock 02's if im using the wideband to tune?

i need a portable setup for my WB02 cause im doing my buddys ride as well, i will be using my maf again so i will have to calibrate that as well. i need instructions on how to do that though??? or the spreadsheet that does it for you.

i have a 2002 camaro
    TSP H/C 430WHP

The best way to tune is in open loop that way the stock o2's won't bother you.

Just go into Engine.Fuel Control.Open&Closed Loop and open the ECT vs IAT table. Max out those values and turn the STFT Openloop switch to disabled. That should guarantee that you are running in open loop.

EC

do i have to change the pid in the histo. cinfig. to lc-1 on the AFR ERROR, AFR, & MAF vs AFR ERROR??? if i dont i dont get any readings from the program
    TSP H/C 430WHP

You need to log the WB in the EIO section. Just right click and select Insert. Then find your wideband, click and you're mostly done.
    Then Add Commanded AFR to the Table section as well as AFR Error% using the same method as above.
    Commanded AFR is in the Fuel section of PID's and AFR Error % is in User Defined.

EC

thanx EC Tune, great help!!!
    TSP H/C 430WHP

ec tune once again i need ur help. how do tune the spark tables to get the best performance on the street and the strip??? ive done my VE tune im running SD right now. i have added 1* at a time(both high oct. & low oct.), to the whole table, and still havent got any knock. am i doing this properlly?? after i tune my spark tables should i redo my VE tables just to double check??
    TSP H/C 430WHP

Quote Originally Posted by mvenom408
    ec tune once again i need ur help. how do tune the spark tables to get the best performance on the street and the strip??? ive done my VE tune im running SD right now. i have added 1* at a time(both high oct. & low oct.), to the whole table, and still havent got any knock. am i doing this properlly?? after i tune my spark tables should i redo my VE tables just to double check??
    You are probably using good fuel and not seen knock yet. You havn't turned down the sensitivity of your knock sensors have you? Usually at full throttle over 3000rpm the spark is about 28 degrees. No point adding timing down low, personally I would only add timing over 2000rpm and over half throttle.

Did you copy high octane table to low octane at some point?
    Last edited by RedWS6 00; 06-06-2006 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWS6 00
    You are probably using good fuel and not seen knock yet. You havn't turned down the sensitivity of your knock sensors have you? Usually at full throttle over 3000rpm the spark is about 28 degrees. No point adding timing down low, personally I would only add timing over 2000rpm and over half throttle.

Did you copy high octane table to low octane at some point?
    yes i did copy the tables, and i havent turned down the sensitivity of the KS, i use 91oct. thats all we get here
    TSP H/C 430WHP

need help tunning my new cam

i cant get it to idle on cold start ups??? and when cruising and getting off the gas the car wants to stall, sometimes stalls, i got the TORQER V.2 from TSP, can anyone help me out
    TSP H/C 430WHP

You probably need to add to the IAC Park Position Airflow (2-3 g/sec to start) and read this thread about tuning the Base Running Airflow. Your's is probably a bit too low.