Thread: Boost in the Channels chart

Boost in the Channels chart

Quick NOOB Q - Over the WE I installed a ZR1 MAP and adjusted the MAP sensor linear and offset settings (312.5; -11.25). This on my newly installed A&A SI-trim on an otherwise stock 09 LS3 Vette.

I want to make sure I am registering boost in my DLs. I added a channel - Engine - airflow - Boost solenoid control

Is that correct? I see the SAE Manifold Absolute Pressure which is there already and not sure if that is the one to use.

On other news - I have had lean fuel trims sneak in on me. I hit P0171/74 just tooling around town (idle and cruising, not WOT). After some DLs, I am very lean at idle. I am going to change intake manifold seals as I think I disturbed them during injector install. I retorqued manifold bolts and have cut the lean idle trims in half (about +12% +11%), also checked all vacuum lines (good), fuel pressure at idle 62lbs with a direct gauge; cleaned the MAF. Once I get the manifold seals changed I'll DL some more. I also feel I am leaner than I want to be at cruise, but I need the boost channel to ensure I am entering PE soon enough.

I've also spent hours and hours reading and reviewing numerous posts. I've followed with interest a recent post started by Lazarous (sp) with lean conditions in his boosted setup.

I have learned a very good lesson - "one thing at a time" - So I am not all over the map, I want to first correct an ensure that I have any mechanical vacuum issue resolved on the lean idle, then take each other item one at a time.

Tuner
    Boost is a built in math parameter. You can add it to a gauge, chart, or graph. I don't believe math parameters can be added to a channel. It's under MATHS>AIRFLOW>BOOST. Not boost solenoid control.

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper

Boost control solenoid is something totally different

Ensure you are logging manifold absolute pressure AND barometric pressure. Then there is a boost math parameter you can use that is built into HP Tuners. It requires barometric pressure in order to work correctly, so add that to your channels list. Most people don't log this otherwise.

For Dash Logic there is a PID they already have included as well, just use it in one of the pages (and/or one of the default pages has it already included, so you can use that to get started)
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

OK Thanks guys. I'll take out the Boost solenoid that I added.

I do have barometric pressure and Man abs press on the channel right now. I think I'll be able o figure out the MATHS path.

Can I calculate boost at any point in the DL just subtracting baro from MAP?

Much appreciated.

DL or HPT will both do the math for you and come [nearly] setup to do so but if you want to check it then yes, MAP - baro = boost

OK great...Thanks! I found boost in Maths and have it set up now on my chart.

Want to get out and do more DLs now sticking with the lean condition in idle and cruise, but after I solve that, then I want to concentrate on PE and when it comes in.