Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: new to tuning- need help- surging- o2 sensors wacked out- map and baro volt offset?

Tuner in Training
    Now at this point the car runs good and injectors are scaled pretty well....but the car ramps up and holds around 3000rpm without me pressing on the gas. I have to shut off the fuel pumps to get it to stop. What could be causing it? Tune and log attached.

Senior Tuner
    your AIRFLOW>ELECTRONIC THROTTLE> Large and Small range tables and throttle body airflow table look really incorrect, how did you arrive at these values? They are about 25% of stock values, which is an 80MM throttle body on a 6.1L motor. your last tune before this was much better. You have basically told your PCM you throttle body is extrememly tiny and its opening really wide to give you your commanded airflow.
    Last edited by 06300CSRT8; 10-17-2016 at 03:57 PM.

Tuner in Training
    It was doing it with the last one and I cut the airflow back to the stock tune to see if it would change but it didnt. below is the tune I originally had and it did the same thing.

Tuner in Training
    this is the log for the tune I just sent. It surges on idle and either ramps up or stalls out.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwestcott View Post
    It was doing it with the last one and I cut the airflow back to the stock tune to see if it would change but it didnt. below is the tune I originally had and it did the same thing.
    You are no where near stock in that last tune. Pretty sure you are mixing your units of measure up. You likely had the axis on lb/hr but pasted in g/s. I would go back a couple of tunes and use that. For example at 3.9 volts in the throttle body airflow table stock is 8,413 lb/hr, yours is 2,120! At .40 volts stock is 193 lb/hr and yours is 49 lb/hr.

Tuner in Training
    I made the changes and it doesnt ramp up like it was doing now. I scaled the injectors and this is the current tune and log. It surged on Idle but not in reverse or driving our at a stop.

Senior Tuner
    youre almost there.

based on it not surging in drive or reverse, you need to focus in our your idle throttle control, try cutting your ENGINE>IDLE>AIRFLOW>Idle Throttle Proportion P/N in half (multiply by .50). Try that see if it still surges.

Senior Tuner
    Also I think 720 target idle speed is a touch low for that cam, might want to try 775, 50rpms can make a world of difference.

Tuner in Training
    can you tell me where on the scanner I can find the commanded AFR? Also how to set it up for what I need it to read?

Tuner in Training
    Kong's dyno tune final 10-27-16 modified 12-2-16 dyno pull.hptKong's dyno tune final 10-27-16 modified 12-2-16 dyno pull.hpt12-2-16 power pull 4.hplCan you check this tune out for me and help me with figuring out the cars throttle bounces when engine is rev'd in park and why it jerks while driving when the throttle is not being pressed? As I drive the car it runs great but for some reason as the car is decelerating it pulses and my AFR goes lean and you can feel the car jerk when that happens. torque/fuel??? I dont know what it is. When in park and the engine is rev'd it goes up normal but bounces as it comes down.