Thread: Biggest injectors on or pcm

Tuner in Training

Biggest injectors on or pcm

Hello to all

I got a customer with a 06 grand Cherokee srt8 with a built 426 motor that's getting a single 88mm turbo the whole nine yards. He has all the fuel upgrades but he called me yesterday asking if we could run a set of GRAMS 2200cc injectors he has lying around from a previous project he never used .

Has anyone ran anything that big with a stock pcm or is there a borderline as to what we can on there?

Thanks in advance

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicEp81 View Post
    Hello to all

I got a customer with a 06 grand Cherokee srt8 with a built 426 motor that's getting a single 88mm turbo the whole nine yards. He has all the fuel upgrades but he called me yesterday asking if we could run a set of GRAMS 2200cc injectors he has lying around from a previous project he never used .

Has anyone ran anything that big with a stock pcm or is there a borderline as to what we can on there?

Thanks in advance
    I would assume you're going to have idle/part throttle fueling issues. What fuel?

Senior Tuner
    Never have tried it but you could theoretically rescale the tune by cutting the injector fuel mass in half and then commanding a stoich at 2x stock. You will want to check your math on the PE table too, believe you have to multiply that be 2x as well.

The other option is to 2x your VE table instead of Stoich/PE.

Just thinking out loud, never tried it.

It sound like you could just be limited by the minimum injector flow being a little much but hell I don't know what that engine uses at idle. It could all be solved by running e85 though because it would bump the required minimums up also. I have not run that combo or that injector. All else being said I would look at the flow data for what the new ones are and what it is currently using and see if it falls in line but instead of having a ceiling you will be hitting the floor more. I dont think the limit would be so much the computer as it would be the injectors I could be way off on this.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicEp81 View Post
    injectors he has lying around
    Biggest I've run in a Dodge are ID1300's, but that quote right there would make me not want to try them...

Tuner
    I'm currently running 1400cc injectors in my srt4. NGC3 non can controller. no issues so far

Advanced Tuner
    Running 1500cc injectors on my 06 WK1 with a 106mm. Idles at 800 with a pretty hairy cam. No part throttle issues.

Tuner in Training
    Interesting??

what brand 1500's?

Would you mind sharing some injector settings?

Thanks for the feedback

Advanced Tuner
    I've used ID 1700's in a Hellcat. That's the biggest I've used. Can't beat Injector Dynamics stuff.

Potential Tuner
    I bought ID 1700's last week for my hellcat and I heard that has issue like hunting with low RPM can you advise me because I have a new project for it

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ziad View Post
    I bought ID 1700's last week for my hellcat and I heard that has issue like hunting with low RPM can you advise me because I have a new project for it
    I have had zero problems with the 1700's. There are several TM and spark tables that will cause idle surging if they are changed incorrectly, trust me on this

I will say that if you are going to leave the ANN on you will need to get different data than what ID put's out. The data they put out are to be tuned VE. There isn't enough breakpoints to tune it by changing the InjPW vs Fuel Mass tables.

I have some data from Paul but it's preliminary so I will have to check with him if it's OK if I post it.
    Last edited by Jay@HAP; 12-29-2016 at 09:29 AM.

Potential Tuner
    thank you Jay
    let me know if you could