Thread: 2001 Surban 411 computer TCC engages at 9 mph.

Potential Tuner

2001 Surban 411 computer TCC engages at 9 mph.

Using HP tuners scanner I verified the computer is commanding TCC on at 9mph. The converter is locking up at 9 mph and then unlocks as you slow down at 9 mph. I don't understand how this is even possible? Any help would be great! Larry

Is everything stock?

Any trouble codes or recent work the vehicle?

Post the tune file and logs of the issue could help.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    It's a 96 suburban with a conversion injector and ignition conversion done to it. The computer shouldn't even be able to command TCC in first gear to my understanding. Not sure which direction to go. Any help would be great. The speedo works fine, the scanner is showing the proper speed compared to the speedo as well. Larry

Potential Tuner

Tune file

Here is the tune, how do you retrieve the log?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Does the speedo read correctly? The tune is setup to lock the TCC at 48-55mph in 3rd, nothing for 1 or 2. Does it shift properly otherwise?

Open VCM Scanner, connect to your vehicle, add any additional parameters to be logged, and start logging. I'd want to see the TPS, RPM, TCC mode, and any additional TCC ones.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned