Thread: Safe to adjust Desired Throttle Area Map-A ?

Question Safe to adjust Desired Throttle Area Map-A ?

I have a 2014 Camaro SS LS3... Have all tq. mgmt. disabled already, fueling/timing adjusted, tq. settings set to 8191 where desired, etc.

Throttle response has improved some, but still looking for more..

So, in my searches here, I've found out about adjusting the Cylinder Charge Temp Filter settings, fuel cutoff settings, transient fuel settings, etc.. and those have helped as well..

Now I come to the Airflow - Electronic Throttle - Desired Throttle Area Map-A table.. and have read about some issues with adjusting this.. and have also read where some have adjusted it and have had no issues..

I've also read about this table on the other "E" forums, and it has been said that as long as you don't change the first and last rows/columns of the table, you can change center values to whatever you want and it will be fine..

And i think it was on these forums somewhere that someone said they moved all values over 1 cell to the left - i.e. where the 1 value starts in a column, move that value over to the left one space, and make that 0 column be all 1, then change 1 column to 2's, 2 column to 3's, etc etc.. shift them all over 1 column to the left..

So, while I know this will help to improve throttle response more, I definitely don't want to brick my ECM haha..

What is it's relationship to the TAC module, as far as how much you can adjust this table and NOT have any issues with the TAC and not throw codes/lock the ecm?

Has anyone had success in modifying this table with no issues?? and by how much??

Thank you in advance!!
    Last edited by 06MonteSS; 10-18-2015 at 08:20 PM.
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, Custom paint-matched Bowtie emblems, Custom painted SS emblems, BMR strut tower brace, CAI - Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Bo White Ported/Polished throttle body, Custom DiabLew Tune

I've messed with it on mine with varied levels of success. I'm on an E40 so they are a bit weird...

Basically if I make very small changes just to smooth the table out then it doesn't freak out

If I make any changes large enough to really make it more responsive feeling, it does fine for 20-30 minutes then I get some kind of checksum error and then it goes into reduced power mode. After a reflash back to stock it goes back to normal.

I would be very interested in hearing how it goes for you on a newer ECM.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Bump....
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, Custom paint-matched Bowtie emblems, Custom painted SS emblems, BMR strut tower brace, CAI - Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Bo White Ported/Polished throttle body, Custom DiabLew Tune

Tuner in Training

yes

Quote Originally Posted by 06MonteSS View Post
    Bump....
    I use it for de-tuning purposes...we have rules limiting max power, so this is a great table for trimming peak power as shown while maintaining area under the curve

Photo Oct 07, 5 41 09 PM.jpg

this is an 07 corvette, trimmed values at the peak to around 40% to flatten the power curve

Played with the throttle area map tables, A through D..

Found that if I added 1.0 or more to the tables, I would get the REP error..

So I backed it down and added 0.7 to all 4 tables, and no error! No issues.. And it's a definite difference in throttle response, responds quick now, pulls harder/sooner.. Good deal!
    06MonteSS

Played with the throttle area map tables, A through D..

Found that if I added 1.0 or more to the tables, I would get the REP error..

So I backed it down and added 0.7 to all 4 tables, and no error! No issues.. And it's a definite difference in throttle response, responds quick now, pulls harder/sooner.. Good deal!
    Do you have a screen shot/logs of the before and after? I would be interested in seeing the outcome and log. Since I have bricked a few ECM's recently trying new things. So messing with anything that gives me a "WARNING!" kind of makes me leery.... Other forums talk about the TPS last value as a cutoff point to not go over... Just curious how you set yours up...

Will get a screenshot when I'm back on my computer tomorrow .. but what I did was for throttle % columns 9 through 72, I added .7 in all 4 tables (a, b, c, d)... and have no issues .

Bout to try the same on mine

Did some more tweaking today.. drove for an hour, town and highway driving, no issues at all.. here's the changes I ended up doing... this shows the "difference" from stock. I made these changes to all 4 tables...

.20160827_135246~2.jpg
    Last edited by 06MonteSS; 08-27-2016 at 01:28 PM.
    06MonteSS

Changed mine more than that, increased P1516 and P2101 to 12%, did a write entire and so far so good.

Throttle Map Change.JPG

I didn't do anything for those codes..I'm using my 2.24.1168.. i just changed the throttle tables..made a good difference..
    06MonteSS

Cool!

I tried it once before on mine before and kept getting reduced power messages. Must have gone too far back then

Tuner in Training
    I wonder if this will work on the older stuff. Like the 0411? Has anyone ever tried it? I have a few older vehicles and my 03 sierra is terrible for throttle response. I've always been to chicken to play with that.

..I'm using my 2.24.1168....
    Me to and I like it much better than 3.4x. If I didn't need 3.4x for new cars, I wouldn't use it. Thank god I have 2.24 on 3 laptops.

Changing the throttle maps in the newer Corvettes, Camaros and trucks, Ive had no issues. Older Corvettes and Camaro usually went into reduced power so I stopped trying with them. Never "bricked" a ECM in 1000's of uploads.

06MonteSS: You still working for Diablo tuning? There was a 06MonteSS there too. Just curious.