Thread: VCM Suite for access to data for my '04 ? Creating custom gui interfaces ?

Potential Tuner

VCM Suite for access to data for my '04 ? Creating custom gui interfaces ?

Hi Forum. Since purchasing this truck I've wanted access to whatever data was available on the assorted buses and diagnostic interfaces. I tried an inexpensive device from Scantool.net only to learn after purchasing that very few of the parameter IDs ( PID ) on J1850 VPW were known or published. I then tried Torque app for Android with basically the same result. So, is purchasing this scan tool the only way to get access to this data ? I'm particularly interested in creating my own interface so does this scanner provide me with any API ( e.g. C, AT ) that would allow me to do so ?

Well, I think the data you are after must be over the sci protocol. I think HpTuners is the only one capable of accessing and displaying that data. I'm guessing its proprietary. Did you send a message to support?

Have you looked into autoenginuity? They probably have access to sci data, but again I don't know about user access to it other than through their software.
    Last edited by Bdubbz; 02-13-2017 at 08:36 AM.
    2003 QC Long Flat Bed 6spd, Intake, Exh, Heavy Valve Springs, HE351VE Arduino

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdubbz View Post
    Well, I think the data you are after must be over the sci protocol. I think HpTuners is the only one capable of accessing and displaying that data. I'm guessing its proprietary. Did you send a message to support?

Have you looked into autoenginuity? They probably have access to sci data, but again I don't know about user access to it other than through their software.
    Thanks for reply. I've only posted on this forum, but I'll try support and take a look at other product.
    Bessie is an '04 ( manufactured 11/03 ) 2500, 305/555 CTD, NV5600, 4X4, 3.73, Open Differential

Tuner in Training
    What data are you looking for? Are you talking other modules like abs and airbag?