Thread: 1998 Black Box 5.7 ECM Swap

Potential Tuner

1998 Black Box 5.7 ECM Swap

I have swapped a 1998 K1500 ecm (5.0, 4L60E, 4x4, 3.73) into a 1997 K1500 (5.7, 4L60E, 4x4, 3.42) for a friend of mine. We would have just swapped in a 411 ecm like I did on my own truck, but he doesn't have much cash at the moment or really need much capacity for future upgrades. Basically he just wanted the ability to have his truck tuned on the cheap, since he already had the 98 ecm laying around.

I checked the wiring schematics between the trucks for the ecm, and I had to move two injector wires. I also used a 1998 5.7 truck stock cal for the obvious engine changes. The truck runs great w/ evap, egr, and vats deleted, but the speedometer is off no matter what I do, and the truck will either start off in second or won't go past second gear. I've tried and tried to correct the speedo, but maybe I am doing it incorrectly? I searched and followed the directions in the posts I've found, but it still isn't correct. Speedometer is always faster than actual speed.

I have attached my cal with the speedometer settings set back to the stock 3.73 donor cal. Ryan's 97 K1500 98-5.0ecm Performance Cal.hpt Please take a look at my calibration and hopefully tell me its a rookie mistake.

Thank you all in advance.

idk if your still working on this or not but the tune you have loaded has all the shift speed tables maxed to 256 mph ? if thats the tune in it is not going to shift untill it sees 256 mph.