Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EEC-V Tunes

Tuner in Training
    Yes hope they do. I might get a later pcm to tune my car

Senior Tuner
    They have already committed so much time and money to that platform I'm sure they will get it fixed so that won't all go to waste.

Tuner in Training
    Looks like the problem is with earlier year eec-v that dont have vin#

Tuner in Training
    To the top. Trying to see if MVPI will work on EECV's yet.

Tuner in Training
    I would like to see EECv support with HPT. Ive been tuning them for years with Diablosport, Deltaforce, Binary Editor, SCT, and tunerpro.

Potential Tuner
    Beta version Editor does tune EEC-V. The problem is that the interface does not read/write tune to the car. You need a NGauge or something else to flash. It's a disappointing hardware constraint. EEC-V ECM OBD2 connector requires an additional pin to read/write.
    Last edited by totem; 04-24-2017 at 05:49 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by totem View Post
    Beta version Editor does tune EEC-V. The problem is that the interface does not read/write tune to the car. You need a NGauge or something else to flash. It's a disappointing hardware constraint. EEC-V ECM OBD2 connector requires an additional pin to read/write.
    I'm not familiar with the ngauge. Once the tune is flashed with the ngauge is that tool locked to the vehicle or can I flash multiple vehicles using a single ngauge?

Senior Tuner
    It's locked to that vehicle.

Tuner in Training
    I am waiting on the work around as well.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    It's locked to that vehicle.
    Well not buying an ngauge then.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by razzys wagon View Post
    I am waiting on the work around as well.
    Bump

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by colo_evo View Post
    Well not buying an ngauge then.
    The nGauge is a consumer level product not a enterprise one, it's designed to stay on the vehicle it's used on and not meant to be used to flash multiple vehicles like our HPT cables. The HPT interface we use now is for us calibrators to flash customer cars that are in our possession. The nGauge helps us tune remotely with out needed to have the customer buy their own HPT cable(which they normally only use for their own car and then either sell or throw in a drawer somewhere)

Now with the nGauge, we can have the customer pull their stock file, send it to us, license it, write the calibration, send it back, and they flash it, all for less than what it would have cost the customer to buy their own HPT cable and then pay their tuner to tune their car.

On average a customer will pay $550 including the ngauge to have their car tuned remotely. Where before they would spend $500 buying HPT plus what ever the tuner charged them.
    Last edited by Jn2; 05-16-2017 at 03:59 AM.

HPTuners are currently working on a different interface that will allow reads and writes to EEC-V ECUs. Eric has mentioned it in the past but so far, no ETA. Once it is released, you won't have the 'locked to the single ECU' issue that is currently the Modus Operandi of the nGauge. Stay tuned.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP