Thread: Channels drop out, disappear, freeze

Advanced Tuner

Channels drop out, disappear, freeze

I've been scanning and tuning my vehicle for 2 hours a day for a month.

More often than I want I glance over at the scanner at a red light and notice things have stopped working.

First it was all transmission related: speedometer, PRNDL status, vss(stuck at a random mph), trans current gear, trans temp, etc.
    In the mean time the speedometer reads, it shifts, it says it's in 2nd but it's not, the tcc locks and it's not programmed to lock in 2nd.

Now other channels have started to freeze, the o2 sensors freeze.

This doesn't matter if I start first time, start the engine first, start the scanner first.

I can disconnect, close the scanner, restart everything and it all works.

Any idea whats going on?

What version of software?
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    3.4.83 and all available in the past three weeks.
    Heres one attached with no o2 sensors. They are there but never started reading. In fact it's everything in the column, no injector info either.

Second one at 15:45 the speedometer and transmission channels freeze.

Contact support. We've fixed a similar issue recently in the beta.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    Ok,
    I guess I need to do whats outlined here, ok. https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...acting-support

SO...What do I do with the debug.dat file?
    I found it, the link above doesn't say what to do with it. So what do I do with it?

Tuning Addict
    I think Keith just meant to contact support and request beta... Fixes are only in beta right now until they release the latest greatest...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    I think Keith just meant to contact support and request beta... Fixes are only in beta right now until they release the latest greatest...
    I just paid $650 for this to replace my old serial interface. Can it work without begging for help and running around in circles...............

Tuning Addict
    How is asking for beta begging for help? All you have to do is go to HP tuners website, contact support with your interface ID number and request beta... Beta is usually the best there is... You'll like the scanner after you get it... You may need to setup a home page with your interface number, but once done you should be good to go
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    How is asking for beta begging for help? All you have to do is go to HP tuners website, contact support with your interface ID number and request beta... Beta is usually the best there is... You'll like the scanner after you get it... You may need to setup a home page with your interface number, but once done you should be good to go
    I did everything it says to do to report a problem yesterday. My point is why can't anyone give a straight answer?, if he meant to say I need to get beta then why not say "contact support and request beta" ?
    No one said request beta so whats going to happen when support gets my message?