Thread: 2004 2500HD not wanting to write calibration

Potential Tuner

2004 2500HD not wanting to write calibration

I am trying to write a file into a friends vehicle, and it is giving me problems with the read/write process. At first, the editor would not read the file (scanner did connect and log). It would give me error messages such as x7f, and downloader timed out. I updated to the newest version 3.4.89. It would still not unlock, until I had him start the pickup up and then turn the key to the off position. It then let me read the file.

Now its doing the same thing when I write, only when I try the on engine and then off key trick, it gets to the writing phase of the connection and then times out. I am going to send an email to customer support about it, but I thought I might get a faster response on here. Thank you for the help.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    bootloader timeout errors are typically caused by wiring/battery related issues, on a 14 year old vehicle wiring & battery related issues are not uncommon.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    Does it have an aftermarket stereo or aftermarket remote start?

Senior Tuner
    do not write in high speed mode.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Potential Tuner
    I unhooked the stereo last night to no avail, but this morning I disabled high speed and got it to work. Hopefully it will continue to work. Thanks.