Thread: Fuel cut at 5400rpm's

Tuner in Training

Fuel cut at 5400rpm's

Boosted 2010 Challenger, Auto, Novi 2000 feels like it's hitting fuel cut at roughly 5400rpm's. Making 725 at 200kpa then sounds like a rev limiter is activating. Changed plugs, has tight gap made no difference, running out of ideas. I don't tune a lot of Dodge's and I have never run into this issue before. Thanks. 2010_Challenger_Higgs_New_5.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Got a log?

make sure you're logging trans engine tq and FA desired 1.... Easy to confirm it's a cut when monitoring the FA desired.

Tuner in Training
    Will try that and save a log to post

Tuner in Training
    Higgs_5.hpl Acts like it's trying to shift, will log some more trans stuff. Here is a current log ( don't hate just updated HPT and have not set up my scanner yet ).

Tuner in Training
    UPDATE, trans is trying to shift causing all my problems, was fine before increasing boost with pulley change, any Mopar trans gurus want to chime in?

Tuner in Training
    I'm pretty sure I've seen someone else have a similar problem and it was because they disabled the tqmgmt on the trans side... try re-enabling the tqmgmt and reducing the upshift tq reduction. Also you may want to bump your ramp tq ~10% for each

I've attached a recent cal from a car I'm tuning, 09 SRT8 cam car. Shifts quick and firm, might be able to compare settings to get an idea.

09 SRT8 Challenger SRTmax Cam Auto.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the help, I will try that. Car was fine with 4psi less boost.

Advanced Tuner
    you need to log "Throttle Torque Source" that will probably tell you what limiter you are hitting.

Tuner in Training
    Will do that Jay, thank you. A lot to learn on these Dodge's. Will update when I get it back on the dyno.

Tuner in Training
    Does not matter what I do car shifts at 5400rpm's, I have tried everything it's almost as if the TCM is not responding to changes, any ideas???