Thread: COT protection question

Senior Tuner

COT protection question

Logging my 2017 C7 Z06 Corvette. Log indicates I'm going well over the temperature threshold of the temperatures in my file. Shouldn't commanded reduce? Am I missing a channel in my log?

This is a stock tune. Car has minimal mods so far.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Looks like it's called max "allowed" enrichment to me. I don't think it's as simple as when you get over x temp then it starts changing commanded EQ by whatever amount.

I also doubt it will change much of anything unless you're in PE

And lastly, cat temp is estimated, not actually measured, and I have no idea how accurate it actually is or isn't

Senior Tuner
    The leanest I see in what I assumer is PE is .86. PE says on and too were I not in PE Lambda would be 1.0. If you assume maximum enrichment then the upper mph/rpm should be .80% of that or .69 Lambda. Guess I don't understand how the system works unless like you say I'm getting bad numbers. Need a wideband to see what I really going on.

Potential Tuner
    8850 is correct. HPT logs show cot "on" at the beginning threshold temp with PE activated and my wideband picks it up immediately. The as cot F rises the AFR plummets to an actual 0.73 lambda even though the logged commanded is 0.85 lambda. Somehow the commanded PE lambda is not showing the cot multiplier that scales from 1.03 to 1.20 depending on the calculated cot temp and it also does not pick up the IVT multiplier either.