Thread: car is a turd off the line

car is a turd off the line

09 g8 gt with lsa swap, baby cam, full exhaust, 4" intake, and stock 6l80 with zl1 converter. Tuned on MAF only

i have 80lb injectors with adjustable aeromotive fpr running at 60psi and dual walbro 450's.

Trying to figure out why it pulls a bunch of timing when i launch at the light.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Which Torque management are you hitting? Most likely Launch. If that's the case, you can reduce the effect by upping your Spark Minimum - TqMgt to a positive value - like positive 10-14*.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Camaro LSX433 with TFS 245cc cat heads
    AGP 65/65 Twin Turbos into BTR Equalizer intake
    BTR 237/247 .610"/.601" 116+5 (10* overlap) cam
    ID-1700x on AGP Fore Triple w/ Flex Fuel sensor
    Cortex EBC | n2mb WOT box | custom anti-lag

no idea which one im hitting. how do i determine that?

Try and log Spark Torque Management Type
    2013 Camaro LSX433 with TFS 245cc cat heads
    AGP 65/65 Twin Turbos into BTR Equalizer intake
    BTR 237/247 .610"/.601" 116+5 (10* overlap) cam
    ID-1700x on AGP Fore Triple w/ Flex Fuel sensor
    Cortex EBC | n2mb WOT box | custom anti-lag

Here's what i came up with. New tune file to take out every bit of traction control and the log after flashing.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Well in that log it appears that the car is actually reporting knock and the spark torque management type never changes, so I don't have faith that it is torque mgt. Is it possible you've got some exhaust hitting somewhere on the car or anything like that? I would add every channel with the words "advance" and "retard" that were available for your vehicle to see if you can see what's happening, but the car seems to be logging "knock retard" itself and alot of it at that.

The exhaust is tight. I feel like there is some noise the engine is picking up from the SC. I have a solid isolater but i have a feeling some noise is coming from there. Anyone ever encounter this issue? how did you fix it?