Thread: 07 GT500 single idle surge after rev or when rolling

07 GT500 single idle surge after rev or when rolling

As stated, tune is going along great, minus the idle will surge once after you rev the engine, then return to normal. Any input? Thanks guys!

07 GT500 5.4 dohc BIULD SHEET
    Fox lake ported heads. (Golf ball port) Bumpy
    L and M engine cams. 640 lift Texas Mile cams and springs
    MMR racing timing chain kit HD
    Diamond pistions ceramic coated 9.6 to one
    total seal rings
    cometic racing head gaskets
    Carrillo light weight rods good to 2000hp
    Ford GT light weight crankshaft
    ATI super damper balancer
    26 psi boost
    4.7 Kennie Bell
    Gime 5 kennie bell air cleaner and tube
    168 mm mono blade throttle body. 2150cfm
    killer chiller A/C cooler for intercooler
    Mcleod clutch and lighten steel flywheel. good to 1500hp
    RPM stage 7 trans good to 2000 hp
    1700cc ID injectors
    return style fuel system
    Fore fuel pump ,tripple 400cfm
    1/2 in fuel line
    E85 fuel
    50 psi fuel pressure
    Kook hi flow headers
    3 in X pipe
    mac hi flow mufflers
    Attached Files Attached Files

Anyone?

It looks like it does it during the dashpot Idle speed control mode. Try adjusting the values in the Dashpot preposition lower.

Advanced Tuner
    You need to take what your stit are telling you in your log and apply them to your airflow in the tune for idle airflow I saw Idle trims around 1.85lb/min at some points this will definitely cause hunting issue's.....if I'm reading your log right. I would put all your idle controls back to stock and work in your idle airflow tables before messing with anything else Also why did you increase your gain on your transient fuel but decrease your time constant. And look at your supercharger inlet pressure offset vs rpm, you have changed them but HP has something going on with the software the axis turned to 1000 rpms all the way down. Also why was your displacement decreased?
    Last edited by Devildog1325; 06-10-2017 at 10:36 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    And if you changed your cams you might want to adjust when your intake valve opens.

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog1325 View Post
    You need to take what your stit are telling you in your log and apply them to your airflow in the tune for idle airflow I saw Idle trims around 1.85lb/min at some points this will definitely cause hunting issue's.....if I'm reading your log right. I would put all your idle controls back to stock and work in your idle airflow tables before messing with anything else Also why did you increase your gain on your transient fuel but decrease your time constant. And look at your supercharger inlet pressure offset vs rpm, you have changed them but HP has something going on with the software the axis turned to 1000 rpms all the way down. Also why was your displacement decreased?
    I am just trying to figure out the problem. Some one else tuned it and could not get this correct. I generally only tune GM stuff, but this is for a local shop owner. So you can't not help kind of thing! lol

I will look into that and report back! Thanks.

I did try adjusting the Preposition multiple times with no victory there.

Senior Tuner
    fuel trims are showing its rich in the low airflow areas. Upper airflow shows lean spikes in fuel trims as it enters closed loop and fuel trims come back. That and your commanded indicates a lean condition.

Bank 1 is a little more rich at idle. That could indicate leaky fuel injectors. The lean condition with throttle would back up that guess. Either that or you need to fix your MAF values.
    Last edited by murfie; 06-12-2017 at 02:55 PM.