Thread: What ECU to use for a 6.0 4l80e swap

Tuner in Training

What ECU to use for a 6.0 4l80e swap

I'm swapping a built 6.0 with 243 heads, LS6 intake, drive by cable throttle body and 4l80e into an 82 Regal. I need some advice on what ECU I should be searching for and what I will all have to to get it to run correctly for both the engine and transmission control. I will be getting a custom build harness so I just need to let the builder know what ECU I will be running so he can get it built correctly. Could I use a 411 ECU from an Fbody with the standard OS and just have it segmented to control the 4l80e? Looking for help so I don't waste money on parts I don't need or set myself up for a greater expense/headache down the road with tuning and wiring nightmares.

Yeah get a cable TB computer from like a silverado/seirra truck from like 01-02 or very similar. Those have the best support for OS swaps for the transmission.

You can make any 4.8/5.3 computer would with a 6.0, it's just a matter of changing around a few numbers.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Is there a difference between the Fbody ECU and tuck ECU's from 01-02? Since they were set up to run 4l60e's how much work does it take to get them to run the 4l80?