longtubes
    cat delete
    x pipe
    full exhaust

CJ Mono blade TB

VMJ 2.4 pulley
    Tensioner

This is in Denver Colorado, Baro is 82kpa, 9000' DA

This is my first Ford tune ever, so far I am happy with it, much easier than I expected when I first started looking at the Ford stuff. However, customer expected 16-17psi, I cant get it to go above 14 psi. TB is not shutting, beleive I've taken off all the limiters and raised all the airflow caps. Am I missing anything?

I suspect his 16-17psi numbers are coming from peoples experience at sea level...

I haven't started cleaning up the maf fuel trims yet, but you can see my histogram in the log, do I just take those numbers and multiply percentage by half like in the GM stuff?

Thanks for taking a look!
    Eric gt500 1.2.hpteric gt5001.2.hpl
    Last edited by MrTurbo; 06-29-2017 at 02:00 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I am working son a 2.3 TVS 10' GT500 and he is seeing 17psi on the 2.5" pulley, how ever he has stock headers and we are at +500ft, so ambient pressure is 14.7psi. Your customer has long tubes, so it is not unusual for there to be a ~2psi lower reading from the long tubes. Also 9000DA isn't helping, the blower spins at a fixed ratio in relation to the crank pulley. It won't spin faster bc it's making less boost then it "should".

Tuner
    when comparing boost, always compare VCT settings! Valve timing effects boost in wide range.

Senior Tuner
    Get a log with you ETC vaccum and ETC effective area. It will help determine if the throttle is regulating MAP or SIP. You could also raise your WOT start value to keep the throttle in closed loop and see if it is closing.

Also lower your enrichment rate. The fuel trims at WOT are not correcting the fueling error. if you look at your transport delay table you want you enrichment rate value to be less than the high load areas so that the delay between when O2's report error and correction gets applied is minimal.

VCT is disabled

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    Get a log with you ETC vaccum and ETC effective area. It will help determine if the throttle is regulating MAP or SIP. You could also raise your WOT start value to keep the throttle in closed loop and see if it is closing.

Also lower your enrichment rate. The fuel trims at WOT are not correcting the fueling error. if you look at your transport delay table you want you enrichment rate value to be less than the high load areas so that the delay between when O2's report error and correction gets applied is minimal.

VCT is disabled
    Thank you good information! Yes the VCT was disabled from the stock file, thats normal on the trinity 5.8's right? They dont use VCT correct?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    I am working son a 2.3 TVS 10' GT500 and he is seeing 17psi on the 2.5" pulley, how ever he has stock headers and we are at +500ft, so ambient pressure is 14.7psi. Your customer has long tubes, so it is not unusual for there to be a ~2psi lower reading from the long tubes. Also 9000DA isn't helping, the blower spins at a fixed ratio in relation to the crank pulley. It won't spin faster bc it's making less boost then it "should".
    Thank you, yes thats what I thought too, it gained over 100whp from the stack setup, 600whp to 703whp, seems to be right in line with other people I have spoken with.