Thread: 2015 GMC 5.3 6l80 Trans tuning issues

Tuner in Training

2015 GMC 5.3 6l80 Trans tuning issues

Hey guys,
    I need a little help with tuning this 6L80 I've searched though tons of stuff on this site.. the advanced tuning guide.
    but still not really happy with the way this truck shifts
    and help would be great..
    I don't have an issue with compensated someone but I need to be able to adjust the tune later.
    The trucks not near being finished

2015 GMC 5.3 E85 - 4L80 with a circle D 3200

2015GMC-5.3-4L80 7-11-17 trans.hpt

What about don't you like?

I suggest on 6L80's to not disable all the torque mgnt like you have, they do not like it when you do. Also be careful with how much shift pressure you add, too much will just put you worse off.

I really only adjust the shift speed, the shift pressure by 5-10% maybe and the rest is in the on-coming pressure presets to get my desired shift feel. I also slightly slower the shift torque factor under TM from 1.000 to 0.9000. After any pressure change or preset change you will want to do the pressure reset/preset with the scanner before you ever turn the truck back on, otherwise the changes will not take.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    5FDP
    thanks for the info..
    Did you have a look at my file? are my shift pressures too high? also I never heard of resetting pressures.. I guess that's in the scanner?
    I don't mean to sound like a newbie, but before this I just did 4l60 and most of them had shift kits so I never messed with pressures

I looked at, that's why I said the stuff about the TM and pressures. I don't have a stock file from a 2015 to compare it too but I compared it to my 2012 with the same transmission and the line pressures where higher compared to mine.

I think you'll get what you want if you adjust the on-coming pressure presets along with the shift time itself to get it how you want it.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for your help
    I've attached a stock file and the one I modified, if you could look at them, that would be great
    I haven't had a chance to load it or reset the pressures

Trans test.hpt

MYGMC Stock.hpt

Try it with the setting you did in the that newest tune. In the scanner under the special functions > transmission, it's the first 2 reset/preset options on the right. Just start scanning with the vehicle off key on, then click reset, then preset and start the vehicle once you did that. The first few shifts may be a little springy/lurchy but it'll smooth out once it's learns. A few times up and down the gears is all it takes.

You can adjust it a little more beyond that still, work a little bit with the on-coming pressure presets a little more. Add a little or remove a little from the 0,1,2 for gears 1-4 (5/6th are overdrive gears that don't really need it).

Tuner in Training
    Did one load and log and I'm getting a lot of timing being pulled

new trans test.hpl