Thread: 2013 Durango R/T Emissions monitors

Tuner

2013 Durango R/T Emissions monitors

started to tune a 2013 Durango R/T and customer realized it was due to be inspected soon so he drove it a week and took it to get inspected and it failed due to readiness monitors not being set. ive only made small adjustments to the vehicle. turned off mds, raised throttle sensitivity, turned off nueral network raised the rear o2 fueling threshold, adjusted VE, adjusted timing tables. is it the nueral network being shut off or the rear o2 threshold not allowing the catalyst monitor to set? tune attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyb_288 View Post
    started to tune a 2013 Durango R/T and customer realized it was due to be inspected soon so he drove it a week and took it to get inspected and it failed due to readiness monitors not being set. ive only made small adjustments to the vehicle. turned off mds, raised throttle sensitivity, turned off nueral network raised the rear o2 fueling threshold, adjusted VE, adjusted timing tables. is it the nueral network being shut off or the rear o2 threshold not allowing the catalyst monitor to set? tune attached
    Rear o2 threshold being raised so high will definitely leave the catalyst monitor in a perpetual state of "not-ready" since it will never run its diagnostics until the threshold temperature is reached, which it never will. I don't know if turning NN off will affect emissions monitors, but I definitely know that raising rear o2 threshold so high will.

Tuner
    I figured as much but I didn't want to go guessing. was just curious with how much shit the neural network does if it would be part of the problem as well. hopefully someone can chime in on that aspect who has a bunch of experience with it. thanks for the reply and confirming what I thought to be true about the temp threshold.

Tuner
    Antbody care to chime in on turning off neural network effecting emissions?

Advanced Tuner
    Save the tuned file. Load the stock file on, uncheck the boxes that set/trip the codes and trigger readiness scanning. Then reload the tuned file in place. That might bypass the readiness checksum.