Thread: 3.5 BETA still freezing up

3.5 BETA still freezing up

We had problems a while back with Scanner freezing up then have to stop scanner and restart to get logging again. The fix for that only made it continue logging after it froze, and GHuggins noticed that first then I noticed it pretty quick after. Now I have it very bad and I would say allot of my WOT runs get it, to the point my scans are unusable.

Please help! Or actually please fix the problem completely!

Also noticed a separate problem not sure if its related but just scanning though a saved scan some parts will freeze while dragging the time bar on the Chart Left/Right on certain WOT sections and other WOT sections wont freeze up at all... not sure why this happens, BUT it only happens on the full 12mb scan file, if I break them down like the two separate files below then I can scroll back and forth not problems silky smooth till the cows come home.

Attached are two snippets of my log where WOT freezes happen and the WOT logs are useless. I would say this problem is WORSE with my new laptop which is Intel Core I7 with 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD more than it happened on my Core I5 with 8GB RAM and SSD.

138 Freeze Snippet 1.hpl
    138 Freeze Snippet 2.hpl
    Last edited by 10_SS; 05-19-2017 at 09:11 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

You have to open up a support ticket.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

ok, will do
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Any update on this?

My Surface is having issues with everything freezing up (including navbar and Start) with just Scanner running. Sometimes I can log for an hour, and sometimes only 5 minutes. If I don't catch it soon enough I have to power off the tablet and restart. It's not heat related and no issues when not logging. It's been going on all summer.

Surface 4 Pro, i5, 4gb, 128 gb.

3.5 beta is old.

3.6 is the current stable release.

yep, 3.7.98 may be the one that fixed the FPCM PIDs that were causing my problem. Support wrote me and told me to try it since the fixes were applied to the new beta.

I did not have those types of freezes though.
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

I've been 3.6 for over a month and check for updates at least once a week, including yesterday. No help.

Since explorer.exe (start menu/task bar) also is unresponsive, I can't rule out that it could also be a Windows 10 or Surface hardware issue.

My logs are always good, despite having to power off/on to run Scanner again.

Sounds like it could be a pc/windows issue.

Ok. thanks.