Thread: Scanner wont display Knock retard

Tuner in Training

Scanner wont display Knock retard

Not sure what Ive done but my scanner will not display knock retard any longer. It will display spark advance correctly just not the retard. It only highlights the top left cell. Ive attached a log for review. Im sure im missing something simple but I cant seem to figure it out on my own. Any help would be greatly apprectiated. no workie.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Click on the gear looking icon with the green + symbol and add channel.

Tuner in Training
    which channel needs added?

The knock retard channel.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    knock.png

there is not a channel option for knock retard.....

Try just doing the regular right click, add channel. I never use the gear icon to find the channels I want.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    right clicking only brings up the same selections that i uploaded above. Is it called "knock retard"? maybe a software anomaly not giving me the option to select knock retard.

Yeah, it's just called knock retard.

If anything, try updating to the newest 3.6 and re-poll for supported parameters on the vehicle you are using.

Tuner in Training
    not sure what re-poll is but i have the latest 3.6 software downloaded. This literally worked one day and now nothing.

In the scanner while connected to the vehicle you can click the vehicle tab at the top, then click re-poll for supported parameters.

Tuner in Training
    Still nothing. I scanned another 5.3 truck and found it shows the option to select knock retard. The truck im trying to monitor does have a tune in it already. are you aware of a parameter in the editor that would eliminate knock retard?

I haven't run into that type of problem. It may be something you want to contact support about, they should be able to help you out.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for all the help. Ill update the thread once I come up with the solution...

Tuner in Training
    i connected to a like vehicle and saved the graph and channel layouts which contained the knock retard channel. now when i am connected to the truck im trying to monitor i am able to see knock retard. definately a software issue. thanks again for all the help...