Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HP Tuners Advice on Modded Truck

Tuner in Training
    You have something pulling a lot of timing and fuel, I would look over your timing correction tables and turn off torque management.

Dont throw parts at it just yet. Its a dual CP3 truck... you need to adjust the fuel control parameters to straighten out the rail pressure, it's not going to just automatically work right when you double the amount of available fuel.
    2003 305/555 QCSB Cummins
    Piston/rod/sleeve/fire ring/dual CP3/300 overs
    Super Stick NV5600
    S366/S480

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the heads up. I would have figured ATS would mention this in their kit if that was an issue.

I'll do some searching in a bit to find a write up on how to lower idle rail pressure.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Mike View Post
    Dont throw parts at it just yet. Its a dual CP3 truck... you need to adjust the fuel control parameters to straighten out the rail pressure, it's not going to just automatically work right when you double the amount of available fuel.
    As long as he hasn't messed with the FCA amperage it should work fine. 22k psi at idle while the ECM is asking for 7k is not a tuning problem.

Tuner in Training
    Rail pressure fixed. I forget these kits have the duramax FCA that only likes 10-12 psi. Adjusted the pressure to those and rail pressure dropped and idle is quiet

Tuner in Training
    Any improvement here after correcting the fuel supply pressure issue?

log170803.hpl
    log170803_2.hpl

Tuner in Training
    You need to go do a 4wd launch WOT until about 100mph. When you are on and off the throttle its hard to tell if everything is doing what it is supposed to.