Thread: 2014 jeep jk hellcat swap advice

Advanced Tuner

2014 jeep jk hellcat swap advice

Working on a 2014 jk jeep, doing a hellcat engine swap, im about to finish all the mechanical part, engine/mounts/hoses etc. The trans is the stock jeep nag1, changed the bellhousing and converter..

My questions is about the pcm/wiring side, does the hellcat pcm can be configured to work with the nag1 tcm transmission? Or should i use a 6.4l pcm, and tune like any other 6.4l supercharged engine?.. If any one can help or have and advice that will be great. Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by castorjames View Post
    Working on a 2014 jk jeep, doing a hellcat engine swap, im about to finish all the mechanical part, engine/mounts/hoses etc. The trans is the stock jeep nag1, changed the bellhousing and converter..

My questions is about the pcm/wiring side, does the hellcat pcm can be configured to work with the nag1 tcm transmission? Or should i use a 6.4l pcm, and tune like any other 6.4l supercharged engine?.. If any one can help or have and advice that will be great. Thanks
    We just did a Ram 1500 with the Hellcat and that was easier since it also runs the 8 speed auto. I know Dan from Dakota Customs has done several JK Hellcats with the NAG and can certainly supply you a solution.

Advanced Tuner
    The solution from dakota is 20K. thats for the complete kit, tried to get only pcm and harness with no luck. i understand is their business. thats why i searching for other solution.
    now all the mechanical side is done.. rewired the JK harness to suit 6.4L PCM, i know for sure it will talk to the nag1. for the electronic bypass valve i got a device that uses some signal from the Throtle body and works oposite, as you push the pedal the bypass closes..

Nice about that dodge ram, did you just used the hellcat pcm? if so what did you do for the PATS, antitheft, or skim, i not sure how is called on dodge/chrysler. and did you just rewired the harness to fit hellcat pcm pinout?

Tuner in Training
    Hi yes we rewired differences in PCM pinout. Simply used an "unlocked" PCM from Diablo and used Dealer Witch tool to swap VIN over to new PCM. Witch also transfers SKIM info to new PCM.

Your Hellcat will start with 6.4 wiring no problem but its gonna get interesting when it gets to boost. Lots of things like the bypass you talk about plus all the other sensors but I guess you can simply tune them out of the MIL light.

Advanced Tuner
    im having a hard time to start this car, it will crank but will not start, map, temperature and others sensors are reading ok.
    I have a (red lightning) on the dash, it takes like 10 seconds for it to turn off and the check engine blinks then stay steady. i think that is a signal of throttle problems, and it in fact has some throttle codes, double checked wire and signals and everything is ok, base pcm is from a 2013 grand cherokee 6.4L, right now the car has the NEw style throttle body but i was searching and read something about some early 2013 used the olds syle too,and im not getting RPM signal while cranking, double checked the crankshaft sensor and everythings check ok, maybe it will not start until throttle body problem is fixed?? thanks everyone

Advanced Tuner
    So after double checking everything,all chekout just fine, so i started looking into the crankshaft tone ring and crank sensor, i dont work alot on hemi cars/swaps. found there are different tone rings, found the 6.4L VVT uses 58 tone ring, same as the hellcat, changued the crank sensor for the 2012 model and it started on the first try...what was confusing for me is that the number on the rear of the pcm points to 2013 6.4L grand cherokee, and the cranksensor on oreily/autozone and dodge dealer, shows the same crank sensor on the 2013 model and 2015 hellcat, anyways i purchased the one for the 2012 model and it started on the first try. so everything looks to be working fine using 6.4L pcm on hellcat engine.

Next step is to start tuning this car. i dont have experience on dodge/chrysler/jeep cars.

-should i use a stock hellcat tune to pupulate the compatible tables on the 6.4L pcm and work from there?
    -Should i tune it on NN or do the VE table?

Any help will be apreciated,
    Last edited by castorjames; 08-17-2017 at 10:31 PM.