Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuning Scams

If you asking me 01ssreda4,... yes Sir, he changed roughly 55% of my cell values in the VE Table - mainly lower rpm/MAP cells,....when you get up to higher rpm/MAP cells it stayed same.

He also changed the following 0411 PCM tables;
    - Base idle RPM - Target idle speed
    -Integral - Airflow Low/PN
    -Airflow General - IAC park position airflow
    -Base running airflow - Idle airflow
    -Airflow startup - Friction airflow initial
    -Airflow startup - Startup airflow initial
    -Throttle follower - Delay (P/N)
    -Throttle follower - Delay gear
    -MAF - Airflow vs frequency
    -Main VE - Primary
    -Cutoff DFCO - cutoff rpm vs gear (normal table only)
    -Power enrichment - EQ Ratio (gas) - dropped them from 1.17 down to 1.15 across the board.
    -Main spark advance - High and Low octane tables - he made both tables the same and then added some spark advance (2-5degrees) in the upper rpm (>2000) and upper cylinder airmass (>.56g).
    -And some transmission tables (mainly part/full throttle shift tables and shift rpm tables - when we street tuned it).

A portion of the above was changed because I went from a 350 to 383. And another portion because the truck didn't want to stay running unless I kept my foot on the pedal a little, when I first fired it up. The rest would be tuning.
    Totally restored - 1996 GMC K1500 ext cab, HT383e swap, MPFI spider, 0411 PCM swap, FLT Level 5 4L60e with Sonnax Smart Tech input housing, Tru-Cool 40k transmission cooler with -6AN lines, 1-5/8" Hedman Husler long tube race headers with 2-1/2"ss dual exhaust, rebuilt 3.73 rear axle with Yukon/Detroit Helical locker, 6" ProComp lift with steering stabilizer and rear traction bars, 35x12.50x15 BFG All Terrains, Perma-Cool e-fans, etc, etc, etc,..

Tuner in Training
    If you're asking me, no he did no tuning of the ve table or spark tables. Just messed with the pe table in the last few cells.

Quote Originally Posted by ah206 View Post
    If you're asking me, no he did no tuning of the ve table or spark tables. Just messed with the pe table in the last few cells.
    Wow what a ripoff.
    -------------------------------------
    01 SS Red A4 #4987

Tuner
    I had someone that said he could do a tune and he only asked for a 10 min log at steady 1800 rpm on the highway. Then one wide open log! And the car is tuned!! Does that seem like a scam?? He was only going to log RPM, timing, KR.
    Last edited by XxScottxXN; 08-25-2017 at 06:57 AM.