Thread: PCM Strategy Update at Ford

Tuner in Training

PCM Strategy Update at Ford

I searched the forum and can not find a definitive answer for this.

I have a 2015 F150 which has been tuned via HPT.
    The truck was at the Ford Dealer for warranty and Ford updated the PCM strategy.

I know I can download, relicense, and tune the new strategy.

My question is, can I install my original strategy by just doing a "Write Entire" without any issues? Will this require additional credits?

I don't know if the most current version allows this, but I have done it in the past and worked.
    I did it with two 2010 Mustangs, one got an updated calibration at the dealer for unknown reason, the other had throttle problems and they flashed an update. Obviously they lost the tune, were returned to me and I was able to simply flash the latest tune I had without more credits. This was on 2.24

3.0 and later checks for the VIN and OSID, I have gotten "unlicensed vehicle" error when I flashed a different OS to a ECM and created a different VIN/OS pair (Gen 4 GM ECM) and had to use 2 more credits.
    What I suggest is to read the current calibration and save it. Then try to flash the latest tune to test. It's very likely it will ask for credits but worth a try.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS