Thread: BF XR6T o2 control problem

Question BF XR6T o2 control problem

Hey guys, I've been struggling with this problem for awhile now without being able to get to the bottom of it.
    BF XR6T that has erratic o2 control. I have attached a log file of how inconsistent it is and the tune file the car came in with that it was running on at the time of logging.
    A little background information: Customer supplied a set of new Raceworks 1150cc injectors, after never using these injectors I was wondering if it was something to do with them. Issue remains with original injectors (Siemens Deka). We have replaced the o2 sensor and rewired it as it was badly burnt out. Seen this a few times on them. The fuel pressure is stable with upgraded 460 in-tank, fpr1200 and Plazmaman rail. I have tried many various injector data combinations in the last few weeks but they all seems to have the same result with what looks to be a wandering commanded EQ ratio. In my experience this number doesn't usually follow the o2 sensor voltage/trim. Its quite plain to see what's going on in the log and eventually it just zeros out and until revving it, it stays that way. I have mostly tuned the FG models with the different ECU. Is this ECU different in that area? I'm starting to pull my hair out with this one. I'm wondering if its actually an issue with the ECU itself? Possibly a varying ground offset somewhere? Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Anyone got any help?

Ive not had experience with the particular issue your having but i would go back to basics and start by taking the 02 out of the mix.

Have you tried to disable the switching to closed loop to tune in open loop and get your injector data spot on?
    Whats a log look like when in open loop at idle?

Also
    Did the car come in with upgraded fuel pump, reg and rail or did you install those?
    Does the fuel pump have correct wiring install?
    What fuel pressure are you running?
    Have you checked the fuel source to make sure it hasn't had something else added to the mix (e85) making the AFR jump around all of the place?

I have tested in open loop and it runs consistently with no drama. In my experience, the problem with the ford ECM even when you disable the STFT with o2 temp it can still become active at times. I would have to recheck but from memory the log is smooth with open loop. Its only a problem when closed loops becomes active after start up delay etc. At WOT when the engine is in open loop it runs perfectly. Vehicle came in with the issue when it still had the old fuel pump, injectors, rail and regulator. I'm fairly confident its actually an o2 control fault but the ECM can't be faulted during testing I just found out.

Advanced Tuner
    Something to check, the 02 heater is fused if this fuse is blown hence no 02 heater function this can create some erroneous 02 activity.
    Tune with actual data not simulated data!.....Applied Road/track Tuning