Thread: 1st attempt at SD will only run for 6 sec???? Please help

Potential Tuner

1st attempt at SD will only run for 6 sec???? Please help

have a 2003 SS Silverado
    60lb injectors
    3 bar MAP
    MP 76mm turbo

Have tried modifing 2 diffrent tunes. Both act real rich on start up (11.5 af)
    Truck will only run approx 6 sec then dies.
    I have tried pulling fuel out of the cranking pulse width with no help.
    I'm not sure I have all the speed density stuff done correctly
    Will have a P0102 (mass air code after 1st start) is turned off in eng diag
    With that code it will cause reduced power and no throttle responce??
    Will not run long enough to get any kinda datalog
    Attached Files Attached Files

Engine Diag--Airflow--Maf fail high 0. DTC's---P0101-102-103---Mil on 1st error. That gets it into sd
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

You also have setting for a 2 bar map in the tune when you typed out that you are running a 3 bar map. The data in the tune must match the sensor you are running.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

"60lb injectors" - What injectors? Make sure you made all the necessary changes correctly for those injectors (using the correct injector data).
    "3 bar MAP" - Make sure you have the MAP data entered in correctly for your MAP sensor. A 3 Bar is 300 kPa
    "MP 76mm turbo" - Master Power turbo? Are you in Brazil? I have a couple of friends that used to use Master Power turbos back in the day.

Looking at your file it looks like you tried to adjust a lot of things at the same time. You want to make sure you do things in steps. First you will adjust the parts of the file for you injectors, MAP sensor and copy/build your VE table. Then you test to see if the vehicle cranks, if the engine fires up, if the engine is running let it run to see how it holds idle. After that you will want to make any adjustments necessary/tune your idle. Now the vehicle would be ready for the tuning process and things will get interesting.

"Have tried modifing 2 diffrent tunes" - Not sure what you really mean. Tried tuning the vehicle twice, or tried to modify 2 different tunes from other vehicles?

"Will have a P0102 (mass air code after 1st start) is turned off in eng diag" Unfortunetlly that sentence is a little confusing. Looking at your file your Engine Diag>DTC's> P0101/P0102/P103 codes are set incorrectly. P0101, P0102 & P0103 need to have the Error Mode set to MIL on First Error for the vehicle to enter SD (take a look at picture below).

set maf DTCs correctly for SD.jpg

Then you have to set the Engine Diag> Airflow> Mass Airflow Sensor> MAF Frequency Fail High = a low MAF Frequency Hz (like 1Hz or 2Hz). That will fail the MAF test and make it possible to set the DTC codes for the module to go into SD. See picture below

set maf to fail correctly for SD.jpg

One last note, your VE does not look correct. You have to make sure you take your stock VE from you file that has not been modified with the 2 BAR Custom OS, and copy the data over correctly into your 2 BAR Custom OS file. Then you want to fill in the boosted parts of the VE with some logical numbers so the module has a starting point to fuel the engine. Take a look at the picture below

Your VE as is in posted file:
    VE does not look natural.jpg
    Last edited by Sin7even; 09-01-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    You also have setting for a 2 bar map in the tune when you typed out that you are running a 3 bar map. The data in the tune must match the sensor you are running.
    You beat me to it, got hung up on a phone call with a customer. I thought that was also strange.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for all the info guys.

I have a 3 bar map, But i downloaded a tune from the tune depository that was a 2 bar and i tried looking over it and copying some info out of it.
    So i probably made a bigger mess of the tune in the progress.

I have the stock file out of the truck and i'll take you guys suggestions(info) and stat fresh.

Thanks so much for the pointers..

The turbo is a ebay special just rembered the MASTER POwer being a brand name.

Potential Tuner
    Ok guys. The truck will start now and run longer than 6 secs with some help from the pedal.

I noticed after it was warm and I got it to idle around 1K rpm but it shows to be at the 105 KPA on the map??

I also has a map out of range code in it.

I included a opy of the tune now and a datalogg while it was ideling

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Potential Tuner
    Forgot to add files

MAP data is still wrong for a 3 bar MAP, you need to input the correct data for the 3 BAR sensor.

You say you are running 60lb injectors but your table has it set up injectors over 90lb/hr.

Once those are fixed you can un-fuck the VE table that got created.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    The injectors are 80's (sema-deka) sp

Found a hp tech video on u tube to get the nubers for the 80's

has a 2 bar map from a turbo colbalt

Trying to help a guy and he had given me wrong info in the beginning

I know the VE table is fucked up but that what I had to do to get it to half ass run.

Should the 2 bar map read as high as 100 kpa at idel?? Or is the map bad???

I feel the map should read alot lower the fucked up area in the ve table is around idel to 2K rpm

Advanced Tuner
    Well no car idles at 100kpa so that is wrong