Thread: 3 bar problems

3 bar problems

Noob here. After swapping 00 5.3 to 3 bar OS, very rich, raw fuel smell, and fuel trims showed to be 25% lean. After updating ve table, it showed another 25% lean. What am I missing here? VE table was copied from another e85 car on the repository. Any difference in injector data for 3 bar? Any help is greatly appreciated

Copying someone else tune does not mean it's anywhere close to being right. Use the repository for reference only, like stock data as you have literally no idea what someone was doing and if it's right.

Post your tune. Something must be off or was not setup correctly for the parts you are using.

List your parts, like sensors, injectors etc etc.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Here is the tune.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Also, the reason I copied ve table is because after updating the OS, the ve table was flat at 152. So I figured a copied ve table was closer than starting with that. It's a 5.3 80mm turbo with Bosch 160s. Waiting on him to text me back as to what MAP sensor he bought

Electromotive map sensor

What fuel pressure are you running?

I believe those 160's are rated at 43.5 psi, so if you are running the stock 58psi you'd have to increase the injector flow rate to match. Are you using a flex fuel sensor or just assuming that the fuel is always going to be near 85% alcohol content?

As for the Ve table, to me you would have been better off taking your stock VE for 0-105 and pasting it back in, then creating your new VE from 105-300kpa. Like putting 150 at 300kpa and interpolate downwards. It's likely to be rich at first. I'd also disregard fuel trims and use your wideband only until you know it's running good. No flex fuel sensor could throw you for a loop trying to use trims.

Timing table looks bad too, you should only need to reduce timing where you are getting into boost. Timing outside of boost can surely be left near stock. Like if you want to run 12 degrees to start with, keep that number but just scale the stock timing down to that number. It's going to run way better with stock timing near 30-40 degrees than 20-25 degrees between 0 and .50 cylinder airmass.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

No flex fuel sensor, fuel pressure is around 45 psi. I text him this morning and told him it needed to be as close to 43.5 psi as possible. I will try that will the ve table. Yea I went kind of crazy on the timing as he is bad about wanting to drive the car around even before the tune is final, and I wanted to keep him out of trouble. I will adjust accordingly though. Thanks for your help and suggestions, I will be back this afternoon to mess with it more. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again

Oh and afr at idle has been around 7 to 1. It takes 25% tps just to keep it running at targeted idle speed. It has to be in ve because that's the only table that has to be changed from 1 bar to 3 right? Car ran perfect before upgrading OS