Thread: 2008 Corvette C6 dies while driving

Potential Tuner

2008 Corvette C6 dies while driving

Sorry for the rambling here. Just lost.

I have a 2008 Corvette. The fuel pump assembly was replaced under warranty. Since then, I have had the vehicle die several times like it is out of gas. Sometimes it just stumbles a little, then picks up and goes. Sometimes it shuts off completely. Took it back to the dealer that replaced the fuel pump after the first occurrence. The only codes they found recorded were a loss of voltage. They said it was my battery cable. Replaced that, all has been good for 1-2 weeks. Last night on the way home, I was cruising 55-60 on cruise control. Suddenly, it was like I ran out of gas. RPMs dropped, recovered, dropped to zero. I coasted to a safe stopping place. Car would not restart. Spent the next THREE hours sitting along side the road waiting on a tow truck. Randomly tried starting over that time, and again immediately before loading on tow truck. Turned over nice and strong, but never tried to start. It did attempt to start a couple times. Just enough to kick the starter out.

I have not yet done anything tuning wise to the car. It is 100% stock. I connected my tuner to see if it would show me anything. No DTCs or freeze frames. I saved several data logs while attempting to start. Can anyone look at these and see if you can spot an issue. My car is back to the dealer for the 5th time since they did the work on it.

Thanks,
    Craig
    Attached Files Attached Files