Thread: LQ9 408 having sudden idle issues. Have VCM file posted. Newbie here Sorry

Tuner in Training neblackshirts's Avatar

LQ9 408 having sudden idle issues. Have VCM file posted. Newbie here Sorry

Car was running really bad falling on it's face and idling around 400-500 rpm while I had it about 450 miles away from it's home to get some detailing work done. So had a local guy adjust tune and fixed a ground and vacuum issue at the same time. Got car back in that area (my parents lived there) and had it stored at my dads warehouse for a few months and car ran great.

My parents trailered my car back to me about 450 miles away back home and car wouldn't hold an idle and dies as it comes to a stop. Have to two foot it to keep it running while driving. Very frustrating but guy that was doing the tuning out in western Nebraska said O2 sensors could give me problems and wondering if this is just my luck. Don't know if the elevation and climate changes are affecting the tune? Tuned at about 3500 ft and now at 1000 ft or round about.

Here's a run down of the motor/drivetrain:

Heads - AFR Mongoose 230cc / 62cc
    Injectors - 60# FAST
    Intake - NW 102MM
    Throttle Body - FAST 102MM
    Plugs - NGK TR55
    Fuel Pump - Aeromotive Stealth 340
    Block - LQ9 4.03"
    Cam - Comp 243/251, .624/.624, 111+1 LSA, 110 ISL
    Crank - Lunati 4.00" Stroke
    Pistons - JE 4.04, 12cc Dished for 11:1 compression
    Rods - Lunati 6.125" H-Beam

Forgot something that might of use to mention and that is I currently have an E8 code on my Innovation Motorsport MTX-l gauge. It pops up and is on the entire time no matter if idling, cruising, or WOT.
    Error 8 is listed as an Sensor Timing Error and says root cause is either 1. Sensor over-heating or over-cooling 2. Sensor Damage.

Hopefully this information provided can maybe shed some light on possible cause of idle issue.

most recent tune september 2nd 2017.hpl

Post the tune file too.

Add injector pulse width to your logs, knock retard, commanded AFR to the logs as well.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Blaine - Tune - Aug 2017.hpt

Sept 4th Cold Start.hpl

OK here's an update with current Tune file and a cold start with it dying but with hopefully added the correct logs.

Any ideas from anyone?? If I need to maybe add the old tune file for comparison I can. Just was hoping that something would pop out to someone and be an easy fix (wishful thinking).

Thanks everyone for any ideas and information that can be passed along.

Made a few changes but still having problems with low rpm situations. Curious as to if my tune and log have any red flags to anyone.

Thanks