Thread: Chris or Keith - please help

Chris or Keith - please help

I tried loading a tune and I got a message :"file os id does not match vcm os id", file os: 12606960, vcm os: 1250063, please load compatable with vcm"

I am not sure what i did but I updated my HP tuners about a week ago. I went into a tune and went to the os button and clicked on "2 bar map - speed density" and now when I loaded a new tune I get this message.

I cannot get my truck to start but when it does, it runs like total crap. I have to have my foot on the brake and give it gas to idle. When I tried loading a tune it said to "write entire"

Anyways, I cannot remember all what i did as it was the first time this happened.

Please help. My truck was running good prior to this and was trying to get some idling issues resolved.

Anyway I have to step out of the office for about 1 hour and will check back.

Thanks

Jim

http://www.hptuners.com/help/introdu...hooting.htm#p7

File OS ID does not match VCM OS ID.
    Please load a file that is compatible with this VCM.

• You are trying to write a VCM flash calibration that does not match the current VCM's flash calibration OS ID.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

what happens to the current tunes?

How did this happen?
    Last edited by revelie5; 08-08-2006 at 04:25 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    did you load a modified version of the tune you origonally read from the PCM? can you post your stock file that you origonally read from the PCM & the file that you had problems attempting to load?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I pulled up an past tune and I pulled up the os and in the 2 bar MAP - speed density and it states "not applied" it also states converted from 12606960 to 1250063 & it also states "a write entire must be performed before these changes can take effect".

How do I know what previous tune will work. I try loading a previous tune and there was no improvement.
    Last edited by revelie5; 08-08-2006 at 04:32 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    can you please post the file you origonally read from the vehicle as well as the file that origonally started giving you problems.

attached are 2 tunes I tried to load. Actually they were both loaded. These are modified from the original vcm.

What happened is I loaded tune 8-8-06 and when I started my truck it would not start unless I applied the accelerator. It would not idle at all. I am pretty sure it was successful install.

I am going to try an older tune however, my truck will not idle as well as it did a tune ago but that is the way it goes.

What I will do is load a new tune, and take notes of what happened and try to get an old tune to work.

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    can you please post the file you origonally read from the vehicle as well as the file that origonally started giving you problems.
    I am not sure I can do an original. My pcm was a mail order tune that was changed quite a few times. Never with a problem until now.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    do you have something that DOESNT have the custom OS applied to it?

This one has the old OS

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    when you tried to load 8-8-06.hpt did you do a write entire or a write calibration only?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    theres a few things I see in your file that might be causing some of your issues so im passing this on to support so they can help you though.

According to the original post..

I tried loading a tune and I got a message :"file os id does not match vcm os id", file os: 12606960, vcm os: 1250063, please load compatable with vcm"
    The OS of the file he is trying to write does not match the OS that is currently in the vehicle.

You can only do a write calibration only if your file OS is also 1250063, which would match what you currently have in the vehicle.

What does "not applied" mean next to the 2 bar map - speed density button?

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    theres a few things I see in your file that might be causing some of your issues so im passing this on to support so they can help you though.
    Can you share anything that you see?

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by revelie5
    What does "not applied" mean next to the 2 bar map - speed density button?
    It means that the calibration you have open does not have the 2bar map - speed density VCM Enhancement applied to it.

Tuner
    were are you getting all of this stuff? you should read 'your' pcm and then make changes to 'your' hpt file.
    98 Camaro, M6, HPTuners, heads and cam