Thread: 2/3 bar Speed Density OS licensing question

Advanced Tuner

2/3 bar Speed Density OS licensing question

Forgive me as I am fat fingering this on a phone...

I have unlimited license for 2000 F body LS1.
    I am acquiring a 2000 Trans Am.
    It is a turbo car, tuned by KPE in Texas.
    Current owner says it is not locked
    He also said it needed an optional speed density OS upgrade as it is a turbo car....

Will I be able to "tune" this car, with the unlimited 2000 license that I already own, or will I also have to buy or upgrade license for this specific VIN to a speed density OS??

Hopefully, I worded the question properly....

Basically, does what I have cover what I need to Do?

Thanks.

I can only assume that you should be able to license the computer for nothing because you already have the 2000 year unlocked and if it's a 2000 like you say you are good.

If his computer has an OS option to go 2 or 3 bar then yes for sure you can upgrade for no cost.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

If the PCM wasn't flashed with a different year OS then you only need to read it and make tune adjustments. Nothing else is needed, the editor will not even ask you anything.
    If it was tuned with a different software then HPT will not open the file because of the unsupported custom OS.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I can only assume that you should be able to license the computer for nothing because you already have the 2000 year unlocked and if it's a 2000 like you say you are good.

If his computer has an OS option to go 2 or 3 bar then yes for sure you can upgrade for no cost.
    Yeah, I've never touched a car that had a 2 bar or 3 bar option before, so not even sure if that is a per VIN option, or an included one.

Quote Originally Posted by Montecarlodrag View Post
    If the PCM wasn't flashed with a different year OS then you only need to read it and make tune adjustments. Nothing else is needed, the editor will not even ask you anything.
    If it was tuned with a different software then HPT will not open the file because of the unsupported custom OS.
    No, it was done with Hptuners for sure, 2000 model year.

Thanks guys