Thread: SOI Modifiers?

SOI Modifiers?

Hey guys,

I have been playing with a 2017 Z06 that has a few mods. It is making good power, 700whp range. One thing I am curious about is if there are any modifiers for start of injection? Or is there something wrong with the pid? I have been logging the Primary SOI on all my pulls and for some reason it seems to bounce around. I just did 2 back to back pulls that made within 6hp of each other according to the dynojet. But, one of the pulls shows my SOI being whats requested based on the SOI table (355) and one of the pulls shows it injecting 15 degrees early? (370)

Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by LSChev View Post
    Hey guys,

I have been playing with a 2017 Z06 that has a few mods. It is making good power, 700whp range. One thing I am curious about is if there are any modifiers for start of injection? Or is there something wrong with the pid? I have been logging the Primary SOI on all my pulls and for some reason it seems to bounce around. I just did 2 back to back pulls that made within 6hp of each other according to the dynojet. But, one of the pulls shows my SOI being whats requested based on the SOI table (355) and one of the pulls shows it injecting 15 degrees early? (370)

Any help would be appreciated.
    What is your pulse width at WOT during this time? Are you logging knock retard as well?

The ECM will advance SOI in order to try to keep pulse width down, you might be out of fuel (technically even if not all the way actually). I have also seen it pull spark advance to give more headroom, it doesn't want to spray through the spark.

Thanks for the reply Higgs.

Shortly after posting this I discovered the injection duration pid and came to the same conclusion you suggested.