Thread: First run tune way off

Tuner

First run tune way off

took car to track mad a pass ran fair but timing is way off I believe here is tune and lodfirst track.hptrun2.hpl
    Last edited by lsgto; 11-23-2017 at 10:41 AM.

Based on what the timing did it could be some knock but you didn't log that.

Timing is being pulled because of your IAT settings too, 104 degrees is automatically taking away 4 degrees at the start. Then further into the run you hit 133-138 degrees and it's pulling 8 degrees out there. Shouldn't need to have to pull timing until you are over that 130 degrees and for sure a less amount. No need to have it yank that much timing, maybe just 1-2 degrees and have it increase as air temps rise.

Fueling looks way rich based on o2 sensor mv and your injector duty cycle going over 100%. Wideband isn't working so hard to say their too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    There are no knock sensors in motor I am very new to this and am not sure how to even fix that the air fuel in the car said 11.2 how do I keep it from pulling timing thanks

Look at your spark advanced page in the editor, all the spark correction tables are right there. Open the Intake air temp spark table and you'll see how much timing is being yanked out. Your logs shows you the intake temps so it's easy to see why you aren't seeing the 7-13 degrees of timing you are requesting in the low octane timing tables under boost. Also know you have the AFR based spark correction table still active, so if you do not want it to add timing on it's own, you need to zero out that table so it only commands the timing you have set in the regular high/low octane tables.

If the AFR in the car shows 11.2 but the commanded AFR that you are requesting is 11.67, you'll want to create an AFR or lambda error to trim fuel out of the VE table. Could also trim out 2-4% at a time in area's needed to bring the actual AFR to match the commanded AFR.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Thanks this will help a lot

I know this has nothing to do with your stated problems but I noticed you have your maf disabled. It might be a good idea to go under engine > airflow > dynamic and change high rpm disable from 4,000rpm to somewhere at or past the max rpm you plan to achieve(like 7,000rpm). I also noticed a few of your tq. management tables have not been set right as per this..

That is not mine, btw. I actually found that gem buried in the corvette forum.

Tuner
    made some changes to tune but timing still drops to 7.5 at WOT not sure how to read timing to fix this thanksfirst track2.hptRETUNE1.hpl[

Add more timing and see what it does. Don't take this as a bad thing but you need to understand what is going on fast, otherwise you will do damage to the engine if something is wrong. Buy a book, take a course or something just to get the basic down on how to read and understand the scanner/tables.

Look at your high/low timing tables, the max amount of timing you can run is like 9 degrees. Match your cylinder airmass in the logs to what is in the timing tables. The engine is over 1.10-1.20 the whole time and your timing numbers vary from 5-9 degrees. Because this is speed density just make them both the same.

Clean up your data logs and remove channels you don't need. Like your MAF sensor, repeated channels like both MAP channels, just log the 2 bar MAP channel. You are logging both the short term fuel trims and long term fuel trims twice.

Then add in any spark correction tables that could take away timing. Like your intake temp, coolant temp, torque mngt. All those could remove timing on you.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 11-23-2017 at 11:23 AM.

Tuner
    yea I sure need to regroup this is way more than I thought definitely need to do some more reading thanks

Tuner
    I have another question about my map readings in my log it reads 156 kpa from what I have read that should be about 8lbs of boost why does the map reads 30.1 psi to the left thanks

You are logging two different MAP sensor channels, like I said above you should clean up the logs to only log what you need.

See if that helps any to get the MAP channel to read what you boost gauge says (if running one).

Tuner
    cleaned up the log some removed some channels looks better 170kpa 10psi boost that's what my boost gauge says arf was 11.7 by my afr gauge timing was stable at 13.0pulled 1.5 degrees for some reason need to look for that. car felt pretty good run8.hplcurrent tune.hpt
    Last edited by lsgto; 11-27-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lsgto View Post
    cleaned up the log some removed some channels looks better 170kpa 10psi boost that's what my boost gauge says arf was 11.7 by my afr gauge timing was stable at 13.0pulled 1.5 degrees for some reason need to look for that. car felt pretty good run8.hplcurrent tune.hpt
    do you think these look better