Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hellcat uncontrollable knock

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@HAP View Post
    Raise the Map 2 value to 249 and see if that changes anything. Also try logging the other MAP sensors. It has 4 IIRC
    Adjusted just now and it will be included in the new logs that I make tonight.

I run same setup. 14.5 is one bar and 14.7 is atmospheric pressure. I run 1300 and run out of pump your IDC is hitting 100+ bypass will close when approaching high IDC. You can cap it with the last breakpoint ms number and the computer wont command past it. how do I know the 1000s in the second car i mess with.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshCP527 View Post
    I run same setup. 14.5 is one bar and 14.7 is atmospheric pressure. I run 1300 and run out of pump your IDC is hitting 100+ bypass will close when approaching high IDC. You can cap it with the last breakpoint ms number and the computer wont command past it. how do I know the 1000s in the second car i mess with.
    Damn you're right about the 14.5, I forgot about that. So my math was off a hair. Using 14.5 I still come up with 17.69 PSI, which is better, but I'm still missing 3+ pounds. I think it's the MAP sensor calibration though. Also, looking at my logs I do see my IDC creeping past 100 sometimes. I have added the PIDs to log my boost bypass valve to see if it's cracking open when the IDC gets up there. I think not though as I have seen 222 KPA even with 89% IDC. It won't go above that number. I am going to log with all the MAP PIDs on first, and then raise the MAP sensor ranges slowly to see what happens.

Advanced Tuner
    Are you not running a BAP?

Are you not running a BAP?

Not, but I'm only running on e55. I was experimenting with how to get away with running the setup without a lower pulley and a BAP just to see if I could do it. E55 seems to be working well so far. I am leaving a little power on the table, but the safety seems to be there, which is all I was looking for.

Advanced Tuner
    Post a log from tonight

Post a log from tonight
    I will, off in 30 min. Can correcting that inverse table throw my AF off? Just want to be safe here.

log 1. log 2 coming.
    Attached Files Attached Files

On that very last pull on log 1. I can feel the power come and go as if its pulling timing, however the knock sensors look good. There is something there I'm missing. Maybe boost. AF looks good.

Advanced Tuner
    look at your short term/long term knock about 10:33 in the log.

Advanced Tuner
    most of the pulls you have 12-14 degrees of short term knock. at those points its showing about 3 degrees of timing.

most of the pulls you have 12-14 degrees of short term knock. at those points its showing about 3 degrees of timing.
    I know it's bad. But then look at that last pull where there is almost none. I'm about to upload my second log now. 5th gear from low rpm to 6k WOT nothing else in the log. I haven't looked at it yet.

My knock sensor voltage threshold is 1.5x stock. I could go further. Need to install second can.

Advanced Tuner
    look at your injector duty cycle on the last pull....

look at your injector duty cycle on the last pull....
    Yea between 90 and 99 and hit 101 once. Do I not want to be crossing over into the 90s even?

Log 2.

Tons of knock, same duty cycles.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Okay so I've been doing some reading and the injector thing needs to be assessed. Before I go out buying bigger ones, is there a chance there is something in the tune causing my duty cycles to be too high? Can I re calibrate anything to get the duty cycles down, or do I just need to step up? I was thinking 1300s.

Advanced Tuner
    You need a BAP. You DC is high because the pump is having a hard time keeping up with E55/E85 fuel. Because of that the injectors are having to stay open longer to get the fuel it needs.

You need a BAP. You DC is high because the pump is having a hard time keeping up with E55/E85 fuel. Because of that the injectors are having to stay open longer to get the fuel it needs.
    I'll get that ordered right away. Should I step up to 1300s while I'm at it?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by slowSRT8 View Post
    I'll get that ordered right away. Should I step up to 1300s while I'm at it?
    I would just do the BAP for now and see what the DC is. I would think for the mods you have the 1000's would be fine but every car is different.