Thread: LM-2 Wideband ... another strike out here

Tuner in Training

LM-2 Wideband ... another strike out here

I've tried everything (1&5 & 2&6 ...1&5+ground & 2&6+ground ... Grounding every ground wire the unit offers (I think it was 6 or 7 wires) ...
    After that I started from scratch and...
    then tested the outputs with a meter ...

Both channels output 2.75 volts (Analog 1 & 2) from the LM-2 regardless of the reading (yes I programmed the units AFR curve)
    Started reading both with the engine off, then with the engine running, one in clear air, other in the exhaust ... 2.75 and 2.75 ... odd thing is, at the MPVI ... it reads 5 volts ... !!! what?
    Not HPTuners, the wire block screws in the MPVI pro ... channel 1+5 and 2+6 both 5 volts ... 1+6 ... 5 volts, 2+5 ... 5 volts
    Everything is 5 volts!
    And HPTuners reads it as a very fluctuating 20 ish AFR (even though 22 something is the calibrated 5 volt AFR)
    One more interesting thing ..
    I unplugged the pro interface (the green block) and the AFR in HPTuners read 10 something .. gathered up all my crazy wires going every which way, came back and took a look .. after a few minutes it was reading 8.4ish ...

Nothing against HPTuners interface, I'm sure it's good, I am however not very happy with my LM-2. I've spent way to much time and money on this thing and I think her place will have to be with all the non computerized vehicles. That's about the only useful thing I can think for the LM-2. Not useful for HPTuners at all.

Tuner in Training
    Weird thing is the voltage readings I get when testing this unit.
    While running at 14.7 AFR (LM-2) I get approx 2.8 volts on the tester testing the lugs on the MPVI pro Inputs but the VCMscanner reads a very erratic 3 ish volts (+/- half a volt)
    See video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYCwlSKnzx4
    When I shut the truck off (20.8 AFR on the LM-2) my tester reads 5 volts and the VCMscanner reads an erratic 4.3 ish volts (+/- half a volt)

When I unplug everything the LM-2 goes to 2.75 volts until I pull power or the O2 sensor goes into warmup at which point it reads 0
    and the VCMscanner will read the voltage bleeding off at an exponentially slower rate... I didn't have enough patience to wait too long but never read 0.

Tuner in Training
    I can program the channel to display accurate useful info with the voltage I get on the tester, but not with the voltage the VCMscanner reads.
    BTW I made a wound power cord for the LM-2 directly to the battery
    and alligator clipped an additional ground for the signal ground.