Thread: G8 L76 put in RX8 cranks over but won't start

Tuner in Training

G8 L76 put in RX8 cranks over but won't start

We did a DOD delete on it. I disabled the VATS and DOD.

I know the ViPec ECU software well, but first time with HPtuners. Just not having luck getting it to start. Has fuel pressure at the rails. If I hit it with a shot of starting fluid, it will fire. But, it doesn't seem to fire the injectors on it's own.

Can someone please give me some help? I have included the tune.2009 G8 6.0 6l80e stock tune NO VATS NO DOD.hpt

When the VATS is in the OS tab, it requires a write entire, did you write entire when you flashed it?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Yes I did a complete write

Can you get a log of it starting or attempting to start?

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    How do i do a log? I can get a log tomorrow.

Use the VCM scanner.

Then in the channels list after you connect to the vehicle you can add any channel (sensor/parameter) that you think you need to log to be helpful for doing diag.

If all you did was a cam swap, disable the DoD/AFM and VATS, it should still start no problem. Perhaps something else is unplugged, no power to something, fuel pressure or whatever that is causing the no start.

Tuner in Training
    The only thing that I know isn't connected are the O2 sensors as the exhaust isn't on the car yet. I will get a log tomorrow. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by HawkEng; 01-02-2018 at 05:49 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Was sick last week and finally worked on it Saturday. I pulled the tune off of the ECM again and it said VATS ENABLED. So, I disabled it and did a full write. Now it starts with no problems.